LPG to natural gas connection problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello all, just after some info, wont be carrying out any of the work myself, just want to do donkey work in getting relavant parts/ fittings...
bought an ariston freestanding oven/cooker of off gumtree. £200 electric oven 5 burner hob, stainless steel, set up for LPG. Want to convert it to natural gas
got new injectors but have run into bit of bother with gas connection.

this is the way the cooker came

this is the fitting with LPG brass nipple removed, it moves up and down the pipe with out brass nipple on

flexible hose to be connected into cooker fitting

any suggestions to connect the 2 male threads, had a half inch galvanised connector which fitted both treads, but the fitting on the cooker still moved up and down. any suggestion would be greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
hello all, just after some info, wont be carrying out any of the work myself, just want to do donkey work in getting relavant parts/ fittings...

When someone posts, as you have, and then asks the same detailed questions, it usually means that they do intend to carry out the work themselves.

well i would be putting mine and my familys lives at risk, so dont really think so. As i say just want to get all relevant fittings/parts in the house so my fitter can come and do the job in one visit and not have to run off getting parts

well i would be putting mine and my familys lives at risk, so dont really think so. As i say just want to get all relevant fittings/parts in the house so my fitter can come and do the job in one visit and not have to run off getting parts

In that case don't worry. Any descent engineer will carry everything required to adapt various gas fiitings. If yours doesn't you're better off finding another.

Sponsored Links
Tibbot is correct leave it to your fitter the piece will only cost £2 and it will be the correct one. sounds easy doing the donkey work but you just create problems for yourself like purchasing a LPG hose instead of an NG so you need to take that back (good fitter will have one in van) and the connector isnt galvanised but i will give you a clue its....... brass. cooker fitted all parts supplied £50 you supplying the parts and getting a fitter £60 because now you have to drive back into town to change that hose so thats 4 not needed visits to the merchants £10 of fuel

oh and ifs second hand no fitter is legally allowed to fit it unless you have the instruction manual present and dont forget to purchase a stability brackett/chain

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back