Lucy Letby

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

If the allegations are true, it’s really hard to see what would motivate someone to become a baby serial killer. Very sad for the families.

Sponsored Links

If the allegations are true, it’s really hard to see what would motivate someone to become a baby serial killer. Very sad for the families.
It is, but there's history of nurses being wrongly accused and even convicted of similar crimes and it turning out to be *******s from people who don't understand statistics.

Definitely one to wait for the outcome.

Sad for the families yes.
Hard to see.. ?
You found the behaviour of the shooty nutter in the nursery hard to understand too?
These are power things, loads of cases throughout history.
The worst excesses of human behaviour are way beyond that.

It's also "hard to understand" why some people don't accept they could have been a Nazi etc etc.

As per my mention of this in the locked up for life thread, if she's found guilty it should be a whole life tariff. It likely won't be, but it should be.

Sponsored Links
As per my mention of this in the locked up for life thread, if she's found guilty it should be a whole life tariff. It likely won't be, but it should be.
That would subscribe to the view that someone who commits a crime is inherently bad and beyond rehabilitation, cure or compassion.

It is, but there's history of nurses being wrongly accused and even convicted of similar crimes and it turning out to be *******s from people who don't understand statistics.

Definitely one to wait for the outcome.
What all these deaths on her shift only.

That would subscribe to the view that someone who commits a crime is inherently bad and beyond rehabilitation, cure or compassion.
It’s not 'a' crime though is it? It’s a number of crimes. Do you think if she is found guilty, she should be given rehabilitation, compassion and care and we should take a chance on her? Would you let her look after your children/grandchildren in hospital?

It’s not 'a' crime though is it? It’s a number of crimes. Do you think if she is found guilty, she should be given rehabilitation, compassion and care and we should take a chance on her? Would you let her look after your children/grandchildren in hospital?
I think locking people away in an institution full of criminals is not the correct approach for all people found guilty of a crime.
I also think that assuming someone is guilty, and suggesting suitable punishment, because they've been charged is silly.
She hasn't been found guilty yet.
I haven't been following the case. I don't know how long she had been a nurse for, I don't any of her history.
Some of the evidence looks a bit "coincidental":
"If you are trying to murder a child in a neonatal unit it's a fairly effective way of doing it - it doesn't really leave much of a trace," says Nick Johnson KC.
If she is found guilty, we need to understand her mentality and reasons for such crimes.
So it's too early to make any decision on her punishment.

I think locking people away in an institution full of criminals is not the correct approach for all people found guilty of a crime.
I also think that assuming someone is guilty, and suggesting suitable punishment, because they've been charged is silly.
She hasn't been found guilty yet.
I haven't been following the case. I don't know how long she had been a nurse for, I don't any of her history.
Some of the evidence looks a bit "coincidental":

If she is found guilty, we need to understand her mentality and reasons for such crimes.
So it's too early to make any decision on her punishment.
I think you are missing the IF in "If she is found guilty".

What all these deaths on her shift only.
Yep.

Babies die on those units. Nearly always not by malice but because they just can't save them all.

Now there's tens or hundreds of those units in the country and tens or thousands of nurses working those units.

If you look at all the data in just the wrong way you'd be able to find a nurse that appears to have been on shift when those babies died by chance.

The odds of anyone getting ten heads in a row when flipping a coin is 1 in 1024. It's huge. But if you have 10,000 people flipping coins you expect to have around 10 of them getting that. There have been example where nurses have been accused of killing people just based on statistics where the prosecutor and jury have misunderstood that.

There's a bit on it here thats pretty well written https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_dredging

Last edited:
Let me guess, PatEx is taking what people are saying and twisting it to fit their inane drivel. I have them on ignore which is bliss :)

No doubt PatEx believes, even if this person is found guilty of multiple baby killings, they still deserve to be rehabilitated and one day, free again.

Although things can obviously change as the trial continues, the evidence currently being presented is horrific and difficult to simply put down to unexplained circumstances.

Let me guess, PatEx is taking what people are saying and twisting it to fit their inane drivel. I have them on ignore which is bliss :)

No doubt PatEx believes, even if this person is found guilty of multiple baby killings, they still deserve to be rehabilitated and one day, free again.
Still fantasising about what I might be thinking. :rolleyes:

For one who chooses to ignore me, you appear to fantasise a lot about what I might be thinking. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Have you tried other ways to satisfy your fantasies? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Although things can obviously change as the trial continues, the evidence currently being presented is horrific and difficult to simply put down to unexplained circumstances.
That would be the case for the prosecution, they usually are presented in a predictable light. :rolleyes:

Women do tend to get leniency at trial and sentencing, its been a thing for many years and very hard for the justice system to shake off. It may be that in society we tend to think women are not capable of such evil crimes. However, as a nurse there will be an angle of aggravation (like the Harold shipman case). However, with him it was easier as he moved on from simply killing, to killing and robbing. Unfortunately, for him he picked on a victim who's daughter was a solicitor and the dodgy Will was exposed. That and the fact that his favourite time to kill was for "dessert" after lunch.

Let's see what her defence has to say. The prosecution need more than passing coincidence. It's expected to go on for 6 months.

At the moment we are being fed 'media' reports which, obviously to sell news, will be the 'sensational' titbits. The jury will be hearing the ins and outs of a fleas armpit compared to what we get to know. As this is the prosecution case expect them to roll out all the gore about, not just what she allegedly did, but everything about her personal life they have been able to unearth.
I think we need to hear the defence case to get even a glimpse of what they say happened. And no doubt they will try to counteract any allegations with reasons/excuses. Once the two sides have been put forward, we will then have the cross examination of witnesses and evidence to hear.
Nobody should pre-judge but lets all be 'hand on heart' honest, we are already forming our opinions and I would go so far as to say, if this post contained a poll she would be on the guilty side at the moment.
For what it's worth I think she probably is guilty, (too coincidental for her to have been on every shift where so many babies died), because as yet no other nurses/doctors have been placed at all of them at the correct times.

Sponsored Links
Back