Lukewarm shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My shower has become lukewarm but all taps including bath are boiling hot. Also the shower pipe is boiling to touch. I'll attach the shower below. Any advice appreciated on what I can do to fix this?

Attachments

• 20230706_190226.jpg
    20230706_190226.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 36
Sponsored Links
More than likely needs a new thermostatic cartridge. A new cartridge will probably be well over £100 and a direct replacement won't cost much more and be less hassle to fit. Time to replace the shower valve.

Would someone need to come out and install that or is it an easy thing to do?

If you can get a direct replacement it should just be a case of
Shut off hot and cold feeds to shower
Undo the compression nuts on hot and cold entry points
Release shower valve from its backplate (usually one or more allen grubscrews)
Install new shower (reverse above steps)

Can you turn off the water?
Do you need to alter the pipes?
Do you need to replace the backplate and do new holes need to be drilled in tiles?
When nothing fits and its 11pm and you can't turn the water back on. What do you do then?

These are the questions that will determine whether you are happy to DIY or whether you get someone in.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Turn the shower on and then turn the heat setting al the way to cold and then all the way to hot, do this several times. Now check to see if any hot water comes out, otherwise a new shower or crtridge is needed.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back