Macerator in utility room. Will it Take WC toilet, basin sink and washing machine waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys!!

Lemme paint you a picture!

Weve moved into a new house last week and on the list of things to do are turn half the garage into a utility area and also, a WC

AS you can imagine we needed washing machine set up fairly soon. So ive done that, i took the water in from the sink in the bathroom (straight upstairs) to feed washing machine and the waste is in 40mm pipe, going through the dining room, to outside, then under the patio doors over to the drain. Happy days, we can wash clothes.

This was just to get it all working, at least temporary. As we do plan on 2 things in the fairly near future. 1) a conservatory, out from that dining room i mentioned earlyer. But 2) a downstairs toilet, next to the utility area.

The soil pipe is too far to travel in "normal" pipe with a downwards. So a macerator is the obvious choice. Up, into the bathroom, chase around and behind the bath pannel, into the soil stack there.

Question: can i have the washing machine waste get pumped too? And so.. the 40mm pipe from earlyer that i fitted can be took out and the conservatory get fitted. Happily.

So, can a macerator take 3 inlets?
Washing machine
Toilet
Basin sink.

Thanks guys

Sponsored Links
Yes they can, as long as you get the correct one. Look at this.

@just pumps may know of a better alternative if there is one.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Yes they can, as long as you get the correct one. Look at this. @just pumps may know of a better alternative if there is one.
Thanks. Difficult one as most manufactures dont allow a wc & a bath but will allow a wc & shower unless they have relaxed this ruling.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Not 2nd guessing @just pumps but the OP has a requirement for a toilet, basin and washing machine, not a bath??

Will a toilet macerator with extra inlets have the capacity to deal with a WM pumped outlet along with the toilet and basin?
Err, my error I read bath. The short answer is yes but I am a little concerned about the route described staying with limits so as always refer OP to the manufactures guide before buying one.

Err, my error I read bath. The short answer is yes but I am a little concerned about the route described staying with limits so as always refer OP to the manufactures guide before buying one.

The route is as follows.
From the garage, up into the "roof" of the garage, (2.7 meters up) then, into the bathroom, around the room (or underfloorboards) to the soil stack, that is internal and boxed in. (Horizontal run of about max. 5mtres)

The route is as follows.
From the garage, up into the "roof" of the garage, (2.7 meters up) then, into the bathroom, around the room (or underfloorboards) to the soil stack, that is internal and boxed in. (Horizontal run of about max. 5mtres)
Basically from the high point of the vertical you then need to fall by a minimum of 10mm per metre all the way with no sharp 90 degree corners to slow down the fall of the slurry. Check with manufacture instruction for size of pipe.

An ex lived in a basement flat and had some kind of macerator.
I assume that the bath also went into it, but certainly the basin did.
pit went wrong. A LOT and now and again I was tasked to fix it.
The installation was a bit iffy, by the landlord’s mate or someone
make sure that it is installed properly

An ex lived in a basement flat and had some kind of macerator.
I assume that the bath also went into it, but certainly the basin did.
pit went wrong. A LOT and now and again I was tasked to fix it.
The installation was a bit iffy, by the landlord’s mate or someone
make sure that it is installed properly
Brave man there, many will install but few will fix. (y)

Reactions: CBW
I did have an “unfortunate incident” before I realised that the basin would set off the macerator

Basically from the high point of the vertical you then need to fall by a minimum of 10mm per metre all the way with no sharp 90 degree corners to slow down the fall of the slurry. Check with manufacture instruction for size of pipe.
Hey, thanks "justpumps" i emailed an online plumbers supply and this was there response. Seems like alot of conflicting information. Any model that you would recommend, that would suit the job?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220902-101820~2.png
    Screenshot_20220902-101820~2.png
    334.1 KB · Views: 114

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back