Macerator in utility room. Will it Take WC toilet, basin sink and washing machine waste

Why can’t the washing machine pump into the same macerator as the toilet? Is it because the washing machine can pump out quicker than the macerator can remove it? If so, could the washing machine pump out into a holding tank and then be routed to the macerator at a slower rate?

Sponsored Links
Hey, thanks "justpumps" i emailed an online plumbers supply and this was there response. Seems like alot of conflicting information. Any model that you would recommend, that would suit the job?

Why can’t the washing machine pump into the same macerator as the toilet? Is it because the washing machine can pump out quicker than the macerator can remove it? If so, could the washing machine pump out into a holding tank and then be routed to the macerator at a slower rate?
There has always been a lot of conflicting advice around Alex which along with sales people pushing you in one direction and with every man and his dog from around the world adding the word sani to their products to fool the public means you are in a minefield.

Now, I may not be fully 100% up to date with all the products but the Saniwaste UP is not listed as an offical Saniflo item in the UK so advise you do deal with the manufactures technical departments not a sales company. They dont like the idea of the washing m/c being conected and will argue that the water will be too hot for the macerator but ok for their grey water pumps - Yeah right, nobody washes at 90 or even 60 degrees anymore mister!

My choices would be from the Grundfos that @CBW linked or the Saniplus (not the Sanibest!) and I would plumb it all in and run for a few months without conecting the wash m/c so you have the warranty should there be a problem and then add the washing m/c via a top connection not a low side connection. Any good service engineer with an ounce of common sense wont bat an eye lid at the washing m/c being connected but might as a warranty claim.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
There has always been a lot of conflicting advice around Alex which along with sales people pushing you in one direction and with every man and his dog from around the world adding the word sani to their products to fool the public means you are in a minefield.

Now, I may not be fully 100% up to date with all the products but the Saniwaste UP is not listed as an offical Saniflo item in the UK so advise you do deal with the manufactures technical departments not a sales company. They dont like the idea of the washing m/c being conected and will argue that the water will be too hot for the macerator but ok for their grey water pumps - Yeah right, nobody washes at 90 or even 60 degrees anymore mister!

My choices would be from the Grundfos that @CBW linked or the Saniplus (not the Sanibest!) and I would plumb it all in and run for a few months without conecting the wash m/c so you have the warranty should there be a problem and then add the washing m/c via a top connection not a low side connection. Any good service engineer with an ounce of common sense wont bat an eye lid at the washing m/c being connected but might as a warranty claim.
Thanks! I appreciate your time and explained experience. Cheers.

Hi Alex, what product and solution did you go with in the end? and is it all working ok since installation? When did it get installed? I'm considering a very similar solution where I need a WC, wash basin, and washing machine all going into one macerator and am struggling to find a product that will do this officially.

Sponsored Links
Edit: oooops, this is an old zombie thread.
I've noticed the dates and asked intentionally. If Alex has used a macerator not explicitly rated for a washing machine by the manufacturer, from 09/2022 to now, then that gives me some confidence that I can probably do the same without issue.

I'm considering a very similar solution where I need a WC, wash basin, and washing machine all going into one macerator and am struggling to find a product that will do this officially.
Maybe a separate one for the WC and washing machine? I would have thought that one that can cope with a full wc flush should be able to clear a washing machine. May need a reservoir in between the washing machine and macerator to regulate the input.

Last edited:
Maybe a separate one for the WC and washing machine? I would have thought that one that can cope with a full wc flush should be able to clear a washing machine. May need a reservoir in between the washing machine and macerator to regulate the input.

Now you are sounding like a salesman! One unit will cope as long the hot water cycle isnt used.

Now you are sounding like a salesman! One unit will cope as long the hot water cycle isnt used.
lol. I once left the hot tap running in my downstairs loo to give the macerator a good clean out. It was a Sani-slim and was supposed to cope with a wc, sink and shower. Sat down to watch telly, nodded off, woke to the sound of running water coming out of my loo and overflowing. I can only assume it didn’t like scalding hot water.

lol. I once left the hot tap running in my downstairs loo to give the macerator a good clean out. It was a Sani-slim and was supposed to cope with a wc, sink and shower. Sat down to watch telly, nodded off, woke to the sound of running water coming out of my loo and overflowing. I can only assume it didn’t like scalding hot water.
Not quite, designed to operate in short time cycles with cold water, constantly operating in hot water causes the overheat to kick in until motor cools down.

Not quite, designed to operate in short time cycles with cold water, constantly operating in hot water causes the overheat to kick in until motor cools down.
Mine never cooled down. I had to replace it.

Definitely didn’t. I replaced it, it was about 10 years old. The replacement jammed up after a few years when I chucked a wodge of kleenex tissues down there and that time you helped me out, telling me to how to test it and change the capacitor. (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back