Macerators

Don't buy a cheap one, they're cheap for a reason... Buy cheap, buy twice. Also don't buy a Saniflo... If you really must have a macerator, Grundfos are the only ones worth considering

Sponsored Links
Mine was from Screwfix. Fitted by me in 2004.
Turboflush.
As it happens, it's the first one that shows when you search on Screwfix site.
You can see from the picture, the drain option showing at the left side, bottom. Try to fit a full flow drain rather then just capping as shown.

Fitted one as part of my 6129 was lovely all shiny and clean etc, thought, here these aren't too bad.
Called out to a blocked, direct connected, saniflo, never again, told the customer to call dynoR and walked away. What a shocking mess, all down to a piece of plastic off the toilet roll packet. A whole cistern full of water n mess all over the floor.
Brrrr, shocking stuff ... never again!! :eek:

Sponsored Links
Mine was from Screwfix. Fitted by me in 2004.
Turboflush.
As it happens, it's the first one that shows when you search on Screwfix site.
You can see from the picture, the drain option showing at the left side, bottom. Try to fit a full flow drain rather then just capping as shown.

Thanks for that. Actually I found one quite a bit cheaper than Screwfix:
http://www.buyaparcel.com/p/macerat...cerator-pump-t11-for-wc-toilet-and-basin-the/

I presume that the drain option is for draining down in case of blockage, or for maintenance?

From that page

Turboflush T11 Macerator Pump Watereasy 500w For WC Toilet and Basin – The Turbo Flush Replacement

The spelling of Turbo Flush is changed to Turboflush so not the same trade name.

The Turboflush is a replacement for the Turbo Flush.

Are you sure you are getting a genuine Turbo Flush or are you buying a cheap imitation. It could be a Turd No Flush

From that page

Turboflush T11 Macerator Pump Watereasy 500w For WC Toilet and Basin – The Turbo Flush Replacement

The spelling of Turbo Flush is changed to Turboflush so not the same trade name.

The Turboflush is a replacement for the Turbo Flush.

Are you sure you are getting a genuine Turbo Flush or are you buying a cheap imitation. It could be a Turd No Flush
Actually you have a good point. Several sites say that the Turbo Flush has been replaced by WaterEasy" which they claim to be a Saniflo product. Looking on the official Saniflo website at current proiducts, there is no trace of WaterEasy, but then Turbo Flush doesn't appear either.
Confusing - needs more investigation.

I am posting this here because the thread already mentions them - also as a warning to those considering a macerator.
I have just spent the afternoon repairing ours - an ancient Turboflush T11 that was fitted before we moved in (about 20+ years ago) and not very well & with no mind to maintenance.

The non return valve had failed long ago, I replaced it last year with one inline with the vertical outlet pipe (goes up, over ceiling through to the back of the property etc) - but it still leaves the pipe full of water that cannot be drained off - so I'm going to fit some form of tap above it when I can.
I managed to drain it in the normal way, open the valve & let it spray all over me :)

Something last week stopped it working, so I found a video here on youtube showing how easy they are to repair and another here showing the same thing.

Well getting my loo out was not so easy, the sods had fitted it on mortar (or something similar) to level it on the stone floor, and once i managed to get it off that lo & behold the Turboflush T11 is not like those in the videos - the motor & munching bits are to the left more so the whole thing needed dismantling to repair it.
IMO there was actually no need to remove the toilet itself! It could have stayed in the same place.

First I removed the power completely (unwired it) and then removed the lid by unscrewing all the T20 screws and the outlet pipe, the motor and all electrical bits lift out where you can get to the munching teeth etc.
Using long nosed pliers I managed to pull all the paper (seems to be wipes but no one in the house accepts responsibility for that - even though there is a packet on the top of the cistern) to get the motor turning again. took it outside & hosed it down then re assembled - the switch needed some silicone to stick it back down as the rubber around it was a tad worn & it came out easily.

Cleaning and repairing the macerator itself has actually been very easy and not as mucky a job as I would have thought, the crappy pipework that was done has been the cause of some pain though, the stop tap and the cistern overflow needs replacing and I have cleared out buckets of water.

It is however, now back in working condition.
I shall be printing a sign for what can & cannot be put down the loo now.

Perhaps it should say "Only for yellow fluids" :)

Wipes cause blockages even in normal plumbing systems, feeding them into a macerator is madness.

Wipes jam up the heavy duty pumps used to move sewage around the network en route to treatment, a macerator has absolutely no chance against even one. Follow Dan's advice above to the letter if you have a macerator!

OK, this has reared it ugly head again.

The McAlpine NRV I fitted that cured the problem of the original non return valve no longer working has failed - partly due to wrong fitting. No one at the plumbing suppliers seemed to know that they should only have been fitted horizontal, neither did anything that came with it say so. So it lasted a year+.
I have tried a vertical fitting McAlpine NRV thats absolute rubbish - the rubber just deforms with the head of water above it.

So can anyone reccomend a vertical fitting, NRV for 32mm pipe that actually works correctly?
Or where I can buy a replacement for the original Turboflush T11 NRV valve?
With nothing more than a little rubber flap being the problem, its getting close to replacing the whole thing which I'd rather not do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back