Madeleine

Sponsored Links
ohmygodwhathaveyoudone
read my post before ...
no-one dare comment .. its true ...

ohmygodwhathaveyoudone said:
AT THE END OF THE DAY IF THE PARENTS HAD NOT LEFT HER ALONE SHE WOULD STILL BE WITH US NOW.FACT.enough said. :evil:

She might still be with us as you put it, unless you know different. but I agree with what your saying tho.

Crafty said:
I just dont get it, cant they lay off the media coverage now?

How much are the news companies spending flying reporters to the resort and on the satellite links etc? Its going too far
You got it exactly right! no story no awayday for all.
Although i'm all for the exposure, the story could quite easily be covered from the news studios and not on location. Wonder if the location had been somewhere cold whether they would send out their presenters or just rely on local reporters? ;)

Sponsored Links
They are pretty much all the same !! Our local ITV weather man, will give a 3 minute forecast from somewhere (not the studio) in the area, lives in Bath based at Bristol 11 miles distant.. all that pointless travel for a weather forecast which is followed by the main overall 'cast anyway !

Becky Mantin national weather ITV ... Good to look at, speaks very well, without the breathless, gasping rush, which generally ends in annoyingly stretched/spaced words !!
1121245195859_0.06882001103433954.jpg

:D

...the parents' story.

If I lost a child in that way, I would be hunting outside the apartment in a very alarmed way, and telling people that my child was missing.

Instead of this, the mother claims to have left the empty room saying/shouting the words "Someone's taken Madeleine".

That doesn't seem to be a very plausible reaction for a surprised parent, IMHO.

That's all I have to say about that.

To the people who are criticizing the ongoing publicity, I would ask this: Do you still know what Maddy looks like? In most cases, you will answer yes, and this is a year after she disappeared. We have been bombarded with her image to help us, to help her. Her face is almost engrained in our memory due to the publicity. The cost of this publicity has been met by people who care. I don't have a problem with this at all. I hope she is alive and I hope she returns to her family, one day.

A lot of children go missing that get no publicity. Why don't you 'care' about those too?

To the people who are criticizing the ongoing publicity, I would ask this: Do you still know what Maddy looks like?
I'm not criticising the publicity at all, but the answer to your question is "no".

In most cases, you will answer yes, and this is a year after she disappeared.
I know what she looked like more than a year ago, but not now.

We have been bombarded with her image to help us, to help her. Her face is almost engrained in our memory due to the publicity.
By the same token, I also know what Charles Manson used to look like, and Myra Hindley too. I could probably do good sketches of both their faces.

My point was not about the publicity, but about the mother's reaction - she instantly believed/assumed that "someone" had "taken Madeleine". Her words, not mine, nor the words of the police, her lawyer, the BBC, or the newspapers.

Why would a mother, who had previously believed her daughter to be safe, instantly reach that conclusion?

Or, why would a mother, who didn't believe her daughter to be safe, leave her alone?

Are you suggesting that the parents are in some way implicated in the disappearance and the dinner at the Tapas bar was part of some sort of plot that was badly scripted like a B grade movie?

I'm observing that the mother's reaction and behaviour doesn't ring true. To me.

Whether or not you feel the same way, and what inference you draw from it, is entirely up to you.

It's not for me to guess what make the McCanns tick. They have never showed the slightest emotion thus far. Then again neither did Lindy Chamberlain. I was living in Oz at the time and remember the media frenzy all too well. The fact that they were wrong seemed immaterial.

It's not for me to guess what make the McCanns tick. They have never showed the slightest emotion thus far.
I've seen the mother become tearful, on camera, twice. I found both displays disingenuous.

Sponsored Links
Back