Madeleine

If I remember correctly the press quoted the mother as saying "they've taken her" when she emerged from the hotel room having discovered her daughter was missing.

Both me and my missus thought this was an unusual thing to say given the circumstances.

Sponsored Links
Kate Mc Cann's latest words...something like:

We are her parents and if we can't be there for her, who will?

Exactly, Kate. Shame you didn't feel that way 12 months ago.

If I remember correctly the press quoted the mother as saying "they've taken her" when she emerged from the hotel room having discovered her daughter was missing.

Both me and my missus thought this was an unusual thing to say given the circumstances.

That's how I remember it too - but Softus says not so.

Sponsored Links
AT THE END OF THE DAY IF THE PARENTS HAD NOT LEFT HER ALONE SHE WOULD STILL BE WITH US NOW.FACT.enough said. :evil:
If they hadn't even gone on holiday...? Hadn't even had sex at the right time, so that she wasn't even conceived in the first place? That their parents hadn't sex at the right time, so that they weren't even conceived in the first place?

All these armchair parents ffs...

Exactly, Kate. Shame you didn't feel that way 12 months ago.
How caring towards another human bereft of her child.

Hage you never done anything with your kids, that, with hindsight made you think "Jeez, if such and such had happened, then...?" Do you seriously think that they are not tortured enough by the fact that, in making the decision they did on that fateful night, Maddy ended up being taken?

I am making the point that her choice of words is particularly ironic, considering what happened.

Ironic because she supposedly said "they", you mean; as in ergo, if she knew it was more than one, then she/they must have known about it and are, somehow, in on what happened?

I'm just thinking that, heaven forbid, your kid was taken, you'd welcome people picking over the exact nuance of every syllable that you uttered, or every emotion that you did or didn't display?

Well my first thought would have been more along the lines of "Where's Maddie, did we lock the door? Has she wandered off."

Think the shutters that where down and where now up as she entered the room would mak you think she had been taken.

Ironic because she supposedly said "they", you mean; as in ergo, if she knew it was more than one, then she/they must have known about it and are, somehow, in on what happened?

I'm just thinking that, heaven forbid, your kid was taken, you'd welcome people picking over the exact nuance of every syllable that you uttered, or every emotion that you did or didn't display?

I'm not entering into the argument about what Kate said, only to provide a link to Google showing lots of references to what she said.

I was, however, angry to hear her say that comment I highlighted in blue. It is a stupid thing to say on one level, because she can't "be there" for M.

It is stupid on another level because that's exactly what she should have done that night for M - been there for her. It's a bit late to "be there" for her now, isn't it?

Yes, it's an awful thing to happen - but the person I feel for is Maddy. Let's face it, if that had happened in this country, there may have charges brought for abandonment.

Last night, I saw her on TV, and she said, on TV, that her words at the time were, and I quote: "Someone's taken Madeleine.".

Very unusual. It's also unusual that she has two versions of an exclamation whose precise words, if it were me, would be burned into my memory for ever and a day.

Just to clarify where I'm coming from with this topic resurrection, I don't feel malice towards Kate McCann, nor do I think she deserves even one second of the pain that any parent ought to feel at the loss, nor do I wish her any ill, because in my eyes she's innocent until proven guilty, and making one terrible mistake, if genuine, is both a crime and a punishment.

What I am saying is that what she says that she said is not what I would have said, and not what I would expect anyone to say, and it makes me suspicious. My gut feeling alone isn't enough to condemn, and I don't agree with anyone who has already condemned her.

I have a feeling that the truth will out in the long run...

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzz

Will this Madeline bloody Mcann circus ever end. Been going on for a year now.

When I was a kid, my parents would never dream of leaving me alone at night in a strange country, or even at home. That was in the 60s when there were fewer weirdos wandering the streets.

Her parents laziness, selfishness or stupidity is the root cause of the disappearence. You can't get away from the fact that if they had employed a baby sitter, they would still have their daughter, and we wouldn't have to see the parents on the TV every other day.

It's interesting that the McCanns seem to come in for far more vitriol and general abuse than that daft tart with the kid found hidden in a divan. Wonder why that is?

Sponsored Links
Back