Madeleine

My point, Shy, is that it would indeed be unfortunate to once have left the kids alone & have one kidnapped.

But to push your luck and do it more than once goes beyond stupidity, bad luck, call it what you will...

You say they made a mistake. But they made it more than once.

And I was suggesting that maybe someone watched the apartment every night, made notes of their departure & arrival times & struck at the next available opportunity.

Sponsored Links
You have to get your priorities right. You can look after your kids or go out and get legless every night. The McCanns chose the latter.

If the members of the Tapas Nine had taken turns to babysit the whole group's kids one night each - then the other eight could have had a fun evening without any risk whatsoever.

Criminal negligence is what I'd call it.

Joe has got bored with the facts of the case now so he's started writing a few headlines of his own ... It makes for a more provocative post ;)

Sponsored Links
AFAICT, my argument is based on fact.

They did leave the children alone more than once. That (contrary to what Shy thinks) is NOT a mistake.

Maybe they were lulled into a false sense of security. Maybe they didn't consider the consequences. Maybe they thought it was somehow safer than here in the UK (and who could blame them). Still a mistake, whichever way you look at it.

Leaving Madeleine alone was a mistake only if someone abducted her.

If the parents are responsible for her disappearance then their mistake is to think that they are good actors.

And since we don't know what happened, making presumptions about mistakes is a mistake.

If the parents are responsible for her disappearance then their mistake is to think that they are good actors.
Do you really believe that they had some part to play in this, Soft? If it is an act (which personally I don't believe), then they've done well to get this far: I would say that they are very good actors!

Truthfully, I remain open-minded.

Grief affects different people in different ways, but their reaction bothered me the first time I saw them on TV, and I have no understanding of the mindset behind the words that the mother said that she had used at the time when recalling the incident during the interview that was broadcast a few days ago.

Joe has got bored with the facts of the case now so he's started writing a few headlines of his own ... It makes for a more provocative post ;)
Sad thing is, he believes them to be fact.

Maybe you'd like to present us with the 'true facts'? Somehow I doubt that he will. Always a whiner, never a contributer.

Apparently it was a nightly event.
So you're certain about your uncertainty then Joe :LOL:

Perhaps you should frame all of your posts with allegedly ... But then again it's an anonymous forum so who cares ;)

MW

It's information from the taps bar staff who said it was a regular occurrence. Regular enough for someone to watch and get timings eh?

Maybe you'd like to present us with the 'true facts'? Somehow I doubt that he will. Always a whiner, never a contributer.
Paranoia Joe at it again.
Only one group of people know the true facts - and they ain't gonna be on here any time soon.

In the meantime your comments are simply that. Comments.

Sponsored Links
Back