Madeleine

It's interesting that the McCanns seem to come in for far more vitriol and general abuse than that daft tart with the kid found hidden in a divan. Wonder why that is?

There's a very good reason for this.

Shannon Matthew's single parent mother represents the taxpayer funded underclass that now infests council estates in The UK. Fecklessness and stupidity are the norm.

On the other hand, the McCanns are educated people who should have known better. Going out drinking for the evening, whilst leaving your children unsupervised is not responsible parenting.

Sponsored Links
Going out drinking for the evening, whilst leaving your children unsupervised is not responsible parenting.
100 yards or so away and only just out of line of sight. I know people whose houses are of a size that their bedrooms are at least that far away from the kids.

You're not telling me that the vast majority of parents have not at some time, done something that with hindsight was not responsible? I know I have. They were just extremely unlucky on that occasion, with horrendous consequences.

If you've ever had a kid go missing (I have - different circumstances but still eight months of sheer hell) you would know that you spend the entire time going "what if", "if only" and other people heaping opprobrium and condemnation serves no positive purpose whatsoever. I was lucky, I got my daughter back; no such joy for the McCanns yet, if ever.

That was in the 60s when there were fewer weirdos wandering the streets.

Nope, same number of weirdos, just fewer reports of their activity.

100 yards or so away and only just out of line of sight.

Hang on! 100 yds away outside the 4 walls that contained their children!!

Only just out of sight? What, are you saying if they moved tables, they'd have been able to see them? Come on!

Are you saying it's OK to leave your children unsupervised with no appropriate adult within the same 4 walls?

You're not telling me that the vast majority of parents have not at some time, done something that with hindsight was not responsible?

The night before she went missing Maddy asked her mother why she had not come when the twins cried.

Having chanced it (at least) once, they did it again the very next night! Madness.

Chances are someone was watching that apartment, knowing that they were going out & leaving their kids inside. So they observed the flat for a night or two to find out the times the parents left and arrived back then struck the next night.

Entirely possible.

Sponsored Links
What, are you saying if they moved tables, they'd have been able to see them? Come on!
Well, I have no problem agreeing that it's perhaps not the smartest parenting decision ever taken, but they're not alone in having done so, misfortune just fell on their shoulders this time.

Are you saying it's OK to leave your children unsupervised with no appropriate adult within the same 4 walls?

The night before she went missing Maddy asked her mother why she had not come when the twins cried.

Having chanced it (at least) once, they did it again the very next night! Madness.

Chances are someone was watching that apartment, knowing that they were going out & leaving their kids inside. So they observed the flat for a night or two to find out the times the parents left and arrived back then struck the next night.

Entirely possible.
I can't and wouldn't argue with any of that. They made a bad, bad choice and the consequence of their decision will haunt them for evermore. But, we all do that at times as parents, no matter how good we think we are at it and I can't see that vilifying them serves any useful purpose.

As sentient hooman beanz we should be able to rise above all that, and just be mindful of the possibility that it could so easily have been one of our kids; not necessarily the same circumstances, but regardless of our care and awareness, there is always an opportunity for someone to snatch a kid.

paedophiles are predatory, they are looking for any opportunity.

poor Maddie may have been handed to them a little too easily.

Shytalkz - you didn't mean 'obscure' words - did you ? Or am I missing the irony ???

You only make a mistake, as a parent, if something goes wrong, for example if a predatory paedophile is after your child.

I have made the (potential) mistake of walking my kids on a pier (but it didn't collapse), and flying them abroad (but the plane didn't crash), oh and letting them go into a build (but this one didn't have a structural flaw and have the roof fall in).....

Every day, in fact every few minutes i go and check where my 2 year old is... and make sure he's not swallowed a lego brick and choked, or escaped out of the garden and disappeared...
but when they go to bed, i leave them to it... i drink beer and sometime put headphones on (and i can't hear them)... am i wrong? they could be choking on vomit, or be having a febrile convulsion... (as one of my boys has had)....

point is, how much should you check on your kids.... ? i see quite young kids (6,7,8 yrs) quite often in the the local park, street, near the shops on their own.... it's a tough call as a parent, should i let them learn about life early, or should i wrap them in cotton wool?

As for the mcanns... well lets put it in gambling terms... a twenty quid bet for most of us is fine, two grand is pushing it....but two hundred grand on a horse coming home is ridiculous. The Mcanns put about twelve hundred quid on their kids being ok, on their own in a room on holiday. The roof shouldn't fall in, the room probably won't be engulfed in flames, people walking past shouldn't be able to see the kids...

Lets be realistic, if a predatory paedo wants your kid, the odds are stacked in the paedo's favour... and if the price is right, they will storm your house, tie you up and drive away with you kid in the boot of their car...

For those with kids, do you know how your kids are now? are you with them? and if you are with them ( :eek: ) have you check their vital signs in the last minute?

FFS leave the Mcanns alone and lets get p!ssed off at the person that wants to steal someone elses child !!!!!!!!!!!!!! THINK ABOUT THAT !!!!

Well that's a big post - yet you still got it wrong.

Answer me this:

Do you think it's just and right that the McCanns lock their lawnmower up in a shed to prevent theft - yet leave their children (three of them) in an unlocked apartment to be stolen?

Until the truth is discovered about Madeleine's disappearance, the pædophile theory is just conjecture.

Well that's a big post

Joe are you chatting me up? :oops:

Anyway, i have to admit, i haven't followed the detail of the case as much as perhaps i should... and i didn't realise, as has been widely reported, that the door was unlocked !!

I stand by my risk argument, i mean every time we take the kids out in the car, they are at huge risk.... and when we leave them with a childminder... have you done a CRB on the childminders hubby?, a pschological analysis of their sexual needs.... etc etc

But i admit... leaving the door to the kids' apartment was wreckless..... if there were no paeds around, one of the kids could've got up and wandered off!...

But i would say, lets lay off the Mcanns until maddy is found....

But i would say, lets lay off the Mcanns until maddy is found....
I would have said it as well, but they won't lay off us. :evil:

The mother appeared on TV the other night, saying things that [other people now claim] are different to what she's previously said.

If they want to avoid people leveling accusations, or even just asking questions, then Keeping A Low Profile would be the thing to do. And the whole concept of Getting Your Story Straight would be another PR bonus whose invention doesn't need the likes of Max Clifford. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back