magnaclean filter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had my alpha CB/28 combination boiler in for three years, but have just found out, that when this was put in the central heating system was not flushed out, and rust from the rads has got into the boiler. I have had to have some new parts but the boiler had a five year parts and labour warranty. I have also had to have the system flushed out which I have had to pay for.

I have read on the internet about magnaclean filters has anyone any information on how good the magnaclean filter is, and are there any other cheaper makes to consider.

I thought this would help my central heating system, as I was told by the engineer that flushing might not get all the rust out of my system. In two years time I will have to pay for all replacement parts and labour to my boiler, so is prevention better than cure?

What I am unsure of is can the magnaclean filter be used on a combination boiler

Sponsored Links
Yes yes yes!

They are cheap considering the amount of Rare Earth magnetic material required to make them function adequately.

It would be a very uneconomic decision to neglect to fit a magnaclean or the Fernox version which may actually work better because of it's structure but is not diy friendly.

I wouldn't fit a boiler for myself without using a magnetic filter even if it cost the same as the boiler, because todays boilers are so susceptible to damage by debris that it would save me money in the long term.

Long gone is the era of 30 year boilers.

Long gone is the era of 30 year boilers.
Yeah it's years since mine stopped pretending she was 30...

Magnaclean can only do good, but do note it might need cleaning out once in a while. DIY job if you're handy.

Sponsored Links
i would love to install one in my system just to test it mind.

26 years old, same water, no inhibitor, and no problems.

Yet :LOL: :LOL:

got mine in. Great idea actually put into practice.

My system is clean (cant beat the fernox powder) but a must on every chs.

David

doitall said:

Oh dear. Is it leaking yet?

Magnacleans are the dogs. I fit em to all new boilers.

ChrisRoberts said:
doitall said:

Oh dear. Is it leaking yet?

Magnacleans are the dogs. I fit em to all new boilers.

No everything original including the Grundfos Gold :cool: :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back