magnaclean where would you stick it + mystery pegler drain off key

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi DIYnot

It's that time of year where I need to sort the CH out and kick myself for not doing it in the summer and one of my aims is to fit a magnaclean filter as a lot of the rads are cold at the bottom likely full of sludge, I was travelling last winter so it wasn't used and went more than a year without inhibitor.

the issue is beneath my combi is some nice panelling to hide the pipes making an inline install impossible so I likely will have to use some L's to snake the return pipe through the panel with the aid of a holesaw but before I do could I ask what any of you would do in this situation, ideally I would like it to be infront of the panel as if I put it to the right of the panel it will block the boiler shut off switch.

I have included a pic to show my prediciment

On a side note I'm struggling with my drain off as all of the downstairs have a built in drain off on the pegler lockshield valves kind of like this drayton one

My issue is I have lost the key and despite trying multiple keys from different brands including an assortment pack from amazon none of them work most are too loose and others won't fit on, I'm at a point of dremeling off the collar so i can get some grips on it so if anyone can recomend a key and place to buy I would be most grateful, the only info I have on the model is printed on the lockshield cap ES2767-10 (EDIT THAT MIGHT BE BS2767-10) and they are about 13 years old as they came with the house

Attachments

• BOILER.jpg
    BOILER.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Quick update I don't think the filter idea will fly as I just double checked the connections and install is beyond annoying as the return actually loops directly back behind the boiler up through the ceiling with no clearance for even a mini filter and to make matters worse all of the rads are 10mm hep2o so there aren't even any accessible pipes to pop it on somewhere else on they system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back