Main Eco Elite to tado receiver wiring help!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Could anyone advise on how to wire the tado wireless receiver to the Main Eco Elite?

Any help on which wires go where would be greatly appreciated!

All photos needed have been attached

Many thanks in advance

Tom

D96701ED-FB1E-42DF-857C-A40C2B95D369.jpeg
EA771831-0779-49DC-8B54-BF8BB2752FD0.png
7E004B5C-734C-4C03-B343-364D91162D87.jpeg
2E6A9E94-5689-48B4-BA7C-A55DC3398E48.jpeg

Sponsored Links
LN&E from boiler to
LN&E on tado
Remove yellow link in 1&2 from boiler and insert in CH COM & CH NO, on Tado
Sorry! Slight modification to the above - from the manufacturer's instructions!
(Possibly because there's another fuse on the boilers mains input?)

Screenshot_20220223-234809_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Screenshot_20220223-234824_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

So no need for a L between boiler and Tado.
Terminal 2 from boiler to L on tado, wih link wire to CH COM.
Does that make sense?

I’m a bit confused now as the first one you have mentioned 5 wires. The tado wiring “loom” only has 4 wires, brown,blue,black and grey.

Would you mind explaining again as I thought I needed the link wire in the tado.

Thanks for your time!

Sponsored Links
I’m a bit confused now as the first one you have mentioned 5 wires. The tado wiring “loom” only has 4 wires, brown,blue,black and grey

A 4 core cable will be fine.

As we said above,
Remove yellow link from terminal 1 and 2 on boiler.

Connect boiler terminal 2 to Tado L - use brown wire.
Use a link wire in Tado to connect L and CH COM

Connect boiler terminal 1 to Tado CH NO - use grey or black wire, sleeve it brown - this is your switched live.

Connect boiler neutral to Tado N - use blue wire.

Connect boiler earth to Tado earth - use black or grey wire, sleeve it green/yellow.

Does that make sense?

That’s great, thanks. What do I do with the Salus that is installed now, it is a main specific one so it fits in the round hole and has a “harness” that looks to be built in. It has spade terminals so screw down wire fittings.

Tom

That’s great, thanks. What do I do with the Salus that is installed now, it is a main specific one so it fits in the round hole and has a “harness” that looks to be built in. It has spade terminals so screw down wire fittings.

Tom
First mention of a Salus!!!!
How about some photos of your actual set-up rather than some pictures trawled from the internet! ;)

Yep will do, let me get up there and take some quick snaps.

Really appreciate the help!

Either trace the wiring back and disconnect or leave on manual override (if this is an option).

Thanks

If I trace them back and they go direct into a PCB are there any other options?

They will go to the pcb, what option would you like?

I’m not sure, just asking the question as I don’t have experience with boiler wiring.

Can I de wire it and isolate the wires from the spade terminal end? there is no need for it once the tado is in is there, the hot water for the taps is not linked to it at all is it?

Tom

No it’s not linked to the hot water, if you disconnect it just at the clock end, then your Tado won’t work. If you do it pcb end it will.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back