Main Eco Elite to tado receiver wiring help!!

Just to clarify, once traced back do you think it will be soldered into the PCB?

if you don’t mind me asking, why wouldn’t my tado work if it’s just disconnected?

appreciate your time

Sponsored Links
Just to clarify, once traced back do you think it will be soldered into the PCB?

if you don’t mind me asking, why wouldn’t my tado work if it’s just disconnected?

appreciate your time
It would be very unlikely that the Salus wiring would be soldered onto the PCB, given that it is an add-on module.

There is a good chance that it would be connected to the 'integral timer' socket on the PCB, but without seeing, we don't know!

...and I have no idea of what logic could be going on on the PCB (others may though!) - just disconnecting the Salus may, or may not work. There may be a need for an extra bridge somewhere.

Without investigating the PCB, you could bridge terminals 3 and 4 of the Salus, and see if the Tado works?

Hi all,

I traced the Salus back in the pcb and unplugged it then wired in the tado as said above. The tado was working and the testing of the relay to call for heat was working, you could hear it clicking on and off. Only problem was that the boiler was not coming on to heat the water. Lights had come on to show the tado was asking for heat but no LEDS lit up on the boiler and not hot rads.
I looked through the tado app and there is actually instructions for my type of boiler……oops!! I wired it how they said as it was different to what was said on here but still not working.
Any ideas would be great. I have attached the way they said to wire too.

Tom
81A9F0B2-5E7D-49AD-A5BF-F0AF9721DE9F.png
E40E191A-DA38-46ED-9938-C37872E901FB.png
9C8160C3-BEA8-4440-ACF0-9B16C20F2E6F.png

Sponsored Links
I'm sorry if this sounds awful, but I'm afraid the questions you have been asking aren't filling me with confidence that you understand what is going on!

Basically, all the suggestions we have made for wiring so far, will do exactly the same task.
The wiring from the Tado app is exactly the same as that suggested first off by @ianmcd

The suggestion I made, was based on the boiler manufacturer's recommendations, due to protection by an extra fuse - but it will work in exactly the same way.

The only extra factor is the removal of the Salus, hence:
and I have no idea of what logic could be going on on the PCB (others may though!) - just disconnecting the Salus may, or may not work. There may be a need for an extra bridge somewhere.

Without investigating the PCB, you could bridge terminals 3 and 4 of the Salus, and see if the Tado works?

Did you try bridging terminals 3 and 4 of the Salus?

...I'm afraid it may be time to book in an appointment with a Pro :)

Put everything back the way it was, the 4 wires connected to the Salus receiver, connect L&N to L&N on the Tado, the other two wires go to CH COM & CH NO, on the Tado, either way round doesnt matter, make sure the yellow link for the thermostat is back in place , the salus will do nothing now except fill the hole on the facia

Last edited:
Put everything back the way it was, the 4 wires connected to the Salus receiver, connect L&N to L&N on the Tado, the other two wires go to CH COM & CH NO, on the Tado, either way round doesnt matter, make sure the yellow link for the thermostat is back in place , the salus will do nothing now except fill the hole on the facia

So just use the Salus wires then! I shouldn’t have wasted everyone’s time and just swapped them over shouldn’t I! :cry:

So just use the Salus wires then! I shouldn’t have wasted everyone’s time and just swapped them over shouldn’t I! :cry:
Yep, but you never mentioned the Salus till late in the post, lesson learnt, when asking for advice add everything whether you think it is important or not, pics of everything are always best

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

I will get back up there tomorrow and try all the options.

I have also removed all the devices from the tado app so will set the whole system up again too just incase it was an issue with the pairing of the thermostat to the receiver.

fingers crossed I won’t be posting on this thread again!!

Sorry to jump on this thread but I have got exactly the same system as the op and was just thinking of disconnecting the wiring at the salus and using the wiring for the tado as per what ianmcd has suggested. Would that be correct?
Many thanks in advance

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back