main water stop cock

Thank you burnerman,will do a photo when the kids are around to help me tomorrow,not good at computers either.

Sponsored Links
A large kitchen spoon (from the pound shop - not from your best silverware - I doubt you will want to return it to the kitchen afterwards!) firmly taped to something like a broom handle can be very useful for cleaning out a stop tap pit. Many are about three feet deep, so the stop tap at the bottom would be out of reach otherwise.

I am very wary of using my hands to clean out a stop tap pit, you find all sorts of things down them. Ant colonies, hibernating snakes, rodents, broken glass, odd bits of rusty metal, used hypodermic needles etc. And there's always a sharp edge somewhere ready to tear through gloves and take the skin off your knuckles and forearm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back