Main Water Supply / Meter - What to do now

IF the kitchen tap is fed from a tank (unlikely), CWS tanks can be fitted anywhere.
In one of my previous abodes it was fitted in the airing cupboard, above the cylinder.

Sponsored Links
Hugh Jaleak said:
Kitchen tap should be fed from the main supply to provide a source of safe drinking water. Tank fed taps are not suitable for drinking from.
Charnwood said:
IF the kitchen tap is fed from a tank (unlikely), CWS tanks can be fitted anywhere.
I understand thanks. Presumably the water tank would have to be fitted at a level above any bathrooms??

Hugh Jaleak said:
If your stopvalve doesnt shut off neighbours supply then why do they keep using it to isolate their supply?
Excellent question and one to which I am unable to provide a reply. Perhaps there is something else that I am missing?

I was not able to confirm whether my water meter turned when my neighbour's used water because due to the heavy rains the lens of my meter (covering the dials) had condensation on it. However, this will be my next step.

Cheers

Hugh Jaleak said:
If your stopvalve doesnt shut off neighbours supply then why do they keep using it to isolate their supply?
Excellent question
I thought it was the stopcock that served BOTH properties that was causing the problem, not the one in the boundary box with your meter.

This poster is either mad or just loves to confuse people. Thank god I don't have to share a stop cock with him. Good luck to you mate, I just pity your neighbour :D

Sponsored Links
I thought it was the stopcock that served BOTH properties that was causing the problem, not the one in the boundary box with your meter.
From this and the other 2 threads, it is.

There is a stopcock in the pavement which does both properties, probably been there for decades.
OP has a modern water meter with another valve built into it which does his house only.

The answer is for the neighbour to fit their own internal stopcock - something which they should already have anyway.
Not clear why the neighbour keeps turning the water off - just how much plumbing work can be required in one house?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back