mainline

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
anyone used /install this companys powered track system looks like an answer to the ubiquitous daisy chaning of extension leads I come across with alarming frequency
DM

Sponsored Links
It looks interesting.

The only issue I can see is the possibility of the company going tits up and no longer being able to get additional sockets for the system.

Or changing the design, like happens every couple of minutes with track lighting systems :rolleyes:

I've not looked, but from the description it sounds the same idea as systems from established manufacturers who are less likely to go ****-up.

Sponsored Links
OK - you got me - I should have looked at what it is. :oops:

There are lots of dado trunking systems with busbars and clip-in accessories.

Never seen any where the end user can just clip sockets in and out like that. Not sure how good it would look in a house mounted at AD M guideline height, and the examples on their website of it above desks and kitchen worktops it doesn't look like there's enough vertical clearance.

I agree BAN I was thinking more along the lines of commercial/office applications where staff seem to have some perverse fetish regarding extension leads in some cases they even bring in their own and bun it into another lead to drive PC's screens modems etc I am looking for a semi permanent solution to this other than add more outlets to an existing ring as to the height issue this is some thing that I always have had issues with as long as its practicable I will put a socket where ever the customer wants it except possible the ceiling, althoug I know of one instance where this has in fact been done,Not by me though
DM

I agree BAN I was thinking more along the lines of commercial/office applications where staff seem to have some perverse fetish regarding extension leads in some cases they even bring in their own and bun it into another lead to drive PC's screens modems etc .
That's a management/disciplinary issue, not an electrical one.

Exackly \bas but it's down to me to sort it out as there is a lack of outlets and I need a solution that complies with minimum disruption, something I can do in one nightshift
DM

If they don't have a proper infrastructure to deliver socket outlets to the desktops you'll struggle to do it in one night shift....

Agreed but, I don't get my work by saying I can't it's a case of can do will do that's what my reputation is based on and if it means a rip out and start from scratch it's a 5pm to 9am and no complaints, I am going ro phone the company and see if they are up to a sample
DM

OK - I guess I was imagining the offices I'm used to - floor areas measured in 100's of m², with extensive data and power under raised floors, and the prospect of changing all the sockets in floor boxes to something supporting desk or partition mounted outlets overnight would be a tad challenging, no matter how good your reputation.

What about things like this:

p-zoom.jpg

or this: http://www.electrak.co.uk/products/office-power/intersoc/

All sorts of people make them in all sorts of styles/colours/formats of power/data/phone etc, and you're not betting on the manufacturer staying in business or keeping on making their unique system.

Those twist-in sockets are very funky, but they're still going to have to provide enough plus extras or people are still going to bring in their own strips. So once each desk has enough plus extras who is going to need the (undoubtedly expensive) facility to slide them about?

And again I've not looked, but do they support high integrity or clean earthing?

Frankly I can see more use for this in the home than the office.

B-A-S

have you looked at that link for electrak stuff

Why are two of the power strips fed from commando SOCKETS!!!

Well - this may be a crazyy off the wall guess, but maybe it's to support a bank of BS 1363 sockets drawing up to 32A?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back