mains fed system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone - can I pick your brains please!? I'm just about to install an ensuite in an extension we've had added to the side of the house. What I'd like to know is - can I take a feed from the rising main to the wash basin, the electric shower and the toilet cistern? If so, are there any additions I need to get for the cistern, as it was just a common or garden one ie no fancy valves or anything! All info gratefully received - thanks - Mick.

Sponsored Links
Cant see no problems as you don't mention any bath etc.

As long as you don't need a balance hot and cold this should be ok. At least you will have fresh clean water to clean your teeth with ;)

for what is worth I concur, just make sure that the bog has a high pressure cone fitted and you can isolate all sanitary ware from the mains seperatley

oh yeah dont forget a double check valve

Sponsored Links
Tthanks for that Corgiman - I've got the gear to isolate the sanitary ware from the mains and the double check valve, but what's a high pressure cone ?? Mick

nothing major probably dont have to worry about it if you have a new bog as most of the new stuff is high pressure

:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back