MAINS WATER "ACCUMULATOR"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. Have a question relating to increasing mains water pressure:

In my 1st floor flat we have quite low mains pressure, 1 bar standing, 0.7bar working pressure. I want to install a combi as we have not even a single cupboard and the current airing cupboard would be useful.

An old school plumber I know has suggested installing a potable water suitable expansion vessel on the incoming mains, pressurised to 1 bar, saying that this will ensure the working pressure does not fall below 1 bar.

I would like to know if this meets water regs. I have a suspicion it does not.

If not are there any alternatives?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Sure it can, if you use WRAS approved bits and comply with water regs. Trouble is you need a thing the size of a HW cylinder really. Any chance you could get it into a loft? Corner cupd in the kitchen?

If you have an airing cupd that sort of implies a citern higher up -??
If so you could pump water from that into the combi. Commonly done.

what pump do you use?

i was looking at the Grundfos UPA 15-90 but i dont know what sort of boost you could get in flow rate terms.

Sponsored Links
cor blimey

I chucked in a super duper grundfoss thingy at 3 bar sorry brain cannot stretch back to remember

call grudfoss they will tell u

:)

corgiman said:
cor blimey

I chucked in a super duper grundfoss thingy at 3 bar sorry brain cannot stretch back to remember

call grudfoss they will tell u

:)

sounds expensive :rolleyes:

yes it was

but the mains water was cruddy, you could piddle faster so I pumped the lot

One happy client

job done

Sorry, any observations on this pump from Grundfos on the link above?

Am going to be doing this work soon so would like to know what installers think of this one.

Thanks

Looks a decent piece of kit . :D
Probably expensive. :(
I would have thought it will cycle on and off excessively due to the small diaphgram tank though.
You can buy packaged sets for domestic purposes with much larger accumulators fitted for around £350.

If you do a search lots come up. My local supplier has them and I would suggest you have a chat with your local supplier.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back