Makeshift drain buffer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to think of something I could buy from a shop like B&Q or wherever that can be made to stop the water running under the gate.

I'm currently using a couple or bricks in a L shape.

It just needs to be something that can be easily cut and bent to a 90 degree L shape angle or preferably a U shape and is only 10 cm high. I can then just simply lift it when I need the gate fully opened.

IMG_20220616_090936.jpg

I'm sure a shop like B&Q sell some kind of metal sheeting but I'm not sure if I've got the tools to cut it and bend it.
Whenever I go shopping I look for something that's cheap whether it's plastic or metal that I could cannibalise, maybe a square plastic plant pot but not sure if that would stand up on its own. I could always lump two bit of wood together but how long would that last!

Thanks very much and hope you can help.

Sponsored Links
Bit of lead? Nice and bendable, and fairly heavy.

But that gulley looks a decent size, with a decent edge.... it shouldn't really overflow. Is it partially blocked?

Bit of lead? Nice and bendable, and fairly heavy.

But that gulley looks a decent size, with a decent edge.... it shouldn't really overflow. Is it partially blocked?
Thanks very much, never thought of lead. I'll do a search online. Where would I nromally source that locally (apart from a church roof), B&Q?

It's the velocity, nothing major but it can leave a trail across the shared driveway as it goes underneath the gate.

Sponsored Links
Thanks very much, never thought of lead. I'll do a search online. Where would I nromally source that locally (apart from a church roof), B&Q?

It's the velocity, nothing major but it can leave a trail across the shared driveway as it goes underneath the gate.

Any builders merchant would carry lead, probably by the metre.

I'm guessing velocity from the right pipe, looks like a sink or shower? An extra 45degree bend on the end would stop it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back