making a decor light box?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all,

Didnt really know where to post this, but seeing as you lot will see all the electrical stuff going I though I might ask if any of you have seen similar before.

Im looking at making two lightboxes as seen in pic below, for my bathroom, to recess into the wall, with some sort of plexi glass infront and a strip light in each one to give the effect of daylight (or warm light - undecided)

Im really stuck with the glass to use, whether it should be white/opaic/frosted and what thickness, for the light to get out ok but so the shape of the lamp is not visible.

Any of you came across similar or been asked to make shuch a thing?

Sponsored Links
You want to use a sandblasted glass for even light coverage. We used to use white perspex for illuminated shelving in pubs but I don't think that'll look too great in your house.

Paint the inside of the box white, and then use flexible self adhesive LEDs and stick them all the way around the inside if the frame so they're pointing into the middle of the back of the box. This will give a good even ligh all over the piece of glass.

One of these if you're not familiar with LED strips:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320657702956?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back