Display Cabinet Lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hey guys,

my uncle has a wooden/glass display cabinet which has 3 recessed lights in. They have a 55mm cut out in the top and the lights are a tight squeeze fit. They are G4 halogen capsules that are horizontally positioned in the fitting. Basically 2 of these fittings are not working and he wants them replaced. Tried to have a look but unable to find any writing on them, and the cables seem to be soldered into the fittings so cant even just disconnect. Im assuming the cables go off to a transformer but I didnt wanna start pulling it apart until i know they can be replaced. And they plug into the socket.

Has anybody dealt with these before and where can i get them? Seen a few surface mounted ones but its not stated if they plug into a socket or have to be hard wired to mains?

cheers peeps :D

Sponsored Links
As two are blown and they are only for display lighting, replace them with LED fittings:cool:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back