Making bread.

Sponsored Links
Yup! I've started making bread....but I cheat a little! Mrs Secure got me a breadmaker for my birthday & I've been making loaves with it ever since.

Tips... If your local (larger) supermarket has an ISB, ask them very nicely for a lump of fresh yeast. You need a bit about the size of an oxo cube for one large loaf. The left-over yeast keeps for around 7-14 days in the fridge.

For a good loaf, always use strong flour, the stronger the better. Strong flour has a higher gluten content, and it is this gluten that helps the bread form a good consistency, rise and crust.

Flours with less gluten (soft flours like plain & SR) are more suited to cake making.

Hovis do a good extra strong white flour but my fave at the moment is Carrs. They supply bakers, but also sell retail.

Marriages is another good flour and Dove Farms (related to Marriages) do special flours like spelt.

Fresh, good quality ingredients and time are all you need!

Tips... If your local (larger) supermarket has an ISB, ask them very nicely for a lump of fresh yeast. You need a bit about the size of an oxo cube for one large loaf. The left-over yeast keeps for around 7-14 days in the fridge.

They used to give it to us for free at ASDA but now they charge!

I'd like one of those bread machines but i havnt the dough

Sponsored Links
I have to say that mine produces a very good quality loaf with a good crumb and you can chuck it in, switch it on & forget it for a couple of hours.

try it by hand, we had a breadmaker, but it never tasted quite right. I was gobsmacked by the difference

P6260006.jpg

;)

kev006.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back