Making hole for extractor fan

Sponsored Links
3rd floor! Afraid you need staffolding to comply with H+S Regs, if anyone seen you working at that height without it, might get into trouble and injured, if you have nosey gob carp neighbours! You need to do it properly, if you go to sell it in the future and it doesn't comply with BR's it will cost you more in the long run :rolleyes:
its the health and safety at work act 1974.

not the health and safety at home act ;)

Wrong, as usual ;) The Temporary Work at Height Directive
[Directive 2001/45/EC (amended Council Directive 89/655/EEC)]

Supercedes the HASAWA 1974, Manual Handling Regulations 1992, Construction (Health, Safetyand Welfar Regulations) 1996, Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1992, Personal Protection and Equipment Regulations (PPE) 1992, Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER) 1998, Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992, can also be quoted if you want to! But, that isn't the point WDIK, all the person wants to know if he/she can put an extractor in the friggin window :rolleyes: I don't like to show people up in the public forum, nor do I expect it in return. We are here to offer advice to the inexperienced/novice on DIY not Biatch amoungst ourselves fella :eek:

Sponsored Links
If loft space above, you could have one of those inline fans, grill in ceiling and flexi hose exiting through wooden soffit board. Debateable whether easier or not to fit, although wiring out the way in loft space. Or even vent tile in roof, put in from inside :!:

OP here, just wanted to thank everyone for their wonderful input.

Dextrous: I will definitely look into that vent which does not need a grill cover.

Bournemouth plumber: I actually checked to see if the window would allow leaning out, but the window opens in the wrong side.

Tryitandsee: I always worry that the fans that vent into the loft might cause long term structural problems if they are not properly done (steam escaping into the loft wood). And what's more, I never use my loft so I would not even be aware of any issues until they had really taken hold.

Just a quick thought - if its UPVC double glazing units, can't you just remove the beading and pop out the double glazing glass unit? only take 5 minutes to do.

Dextrous post seems good solution! :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back