Making money in this weather....good on them

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A couple of young teenagers who live down the road from me (good kids) are knocking of everybodys door offering to clear the driveway for £10 and when I asked are there many takers they said business is booming and hoped fro the weather to go on for weeks.. :mad: :mad: .my neighbour who is pensioner needs her drive clearing and I offered them £10 to do hers but what amazed me is that they said they was going to do it anyway without even knocking ....well I paid them for it anyway ....when you hear about hoodies , asbos ect here are good kids making a few bob out of the current situation..good on them

Sponsored Links
I agree ... Until the crazy litigation culture from the US kicks in.

There have been cases in the States where homeowners have been sued by visitors to their property who have slipped on paths and driveways which have been cleared.

If the homeowner hadn't intervened and left the paths full of snow it was considered an Act of God and they weren't liable ... Once they'd intervened, though, they became responsible.

Can only happen in the good ole US of A ... We hope :LOL:

MW

Stupid councillor here cannot make his mind up, one minute he says,
"not to clear pavements outside their own houses because they might be sued,"
then a week later he says,
"residents should be encouraged to clear pavements themselves because it was legally okay to do so."

Being a Lib Dem may explain it.
Yes, you can be sued, errr! No, you cannot be sued.

Then he tells everyone that "the council’s official position was to not offer any advice at all in case it was sued for offering the wrong advice."

Sponsored Links
Posted a case on an earlier thread regarding this, can't remember which one, but basically a woman sued a householder for injuries she received when she slipped on the pavement out his house. Judge ruled he was wrong as it was the councils responsibility and he hadn't cleaned it properly.
So beware, if you really want to do it make sure you do it properly or take the risk.

As MW says, may be best to leave it and claim it was 'An Act Of God'.

Though how that would sit with a muslim/arab/athiest etc I don't know. :LOL:

:oops: :oops: Typing too fast.

once you clean your path lay down cushion and pillows, that way you won't get sued as they'll have a soft landing :D

Clean away and if someone falls a sues, say a couple of nice kids did for you but y don't know where they live or who they were. Kids these days are so thoughtful. :LOL:

I only wanted the snow clearing now I am scared to death that there will be a que of solictors / ambulance chasers all standing at the end of my drive waitig for somebody to fall................................

here is my statement " I was sitting in the house watching tv when a gang of hoodies with spades attacked my snow filled driveway, then they removed all the snow with spades before running away , I tried to phone 999 for police but realised all the evidence (SNOW) would be melted before they arrived"

Keep it quiet John, or the Polish will be in there doing it badly, for less!

A couple of young teenagers who live down the road from me (good kids) are knocking of everybodys door offering to clear the driveway for £10 and when I asked are there many takers they said business is booming and hoped fro the weather to go on for weeks.. :mad: :mad: .my neighbour who is pensioner needs her drive clearing and I offered them £10 to do hers but what amazed me is that they said they was going to do it anyway without even knocking ....well I paid them for it anyway ....when you hear about hoodies , asbos ect here are good kids making a few bob out of the current situation..good on them

Yes, but their business plan is flawed. Hmmmmm, clearing snow. Not exactly got long term prospects has it?

Not really Dragon's Den material! ;)

Yes, but their business plan is flawed. Hmmmmm, clearing snow. Not exactly got long term prospects has it?

Not really Dragon's Den material! ;)

When the snow clears they offer to tarmac your drive ;)
Kev

Sponsored Links
Back