Making slits for profile handles on kitchen doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hoping someone can help. I bought two new kitchen cupboard doors and need to make straight slits in order to fit the original slim profile handles. Can any give me an idea how to do this and make straight slits please?

Attachments

• 20200703_101212.jpg
    20200703_101212.jpg
    295.8 KB · Views: 274
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I wonder how far off the width of a biscuit joint cutter that is?
edit: just view in close up and looks miles too wide

Last edited:
Yes it should be fine, you'd need to rig a guide and get some practice of course! If you have a few doors to do, you could choose better quality than Silverline I guess.
John :)

Could somthing like these be easier by running the router flat on the door?

Biscuit cutter was narrower than I thought

IMG_20200708_112746345.jpg

Last edited:
An important question is, "How thick are your profile handles?"

No good running the wrong sized cutter to make a perfect slot that is too big or too small.

Depends on what width your saw blade is compared to the slot width you require.
If they are suitable then I would suggest the following;

Set your saw blade to the height, (depth), you require for the slot. Clamp or screw a large board to your table width guage and set it at the correct distance from the saw blade. The large board will help prevent the door from tilting as you feed it through.
Practice with some scrap wood first, adjusting the stop until you know it is precisely where you need it to be.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back