Makita HR2450 hammer drill repair??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone out there knowledge of repairing these hammer drills.

Mine is hammering fine but the rotation sticks when the going gets tough !

Any ideas on repair and if it is worth doing?

Sponsored Links
I can honestly say that I have never had a grinder or sds drill repaired.

We work them to death then buy new ones. :eek:

You have to weigh up the age of the drill, the cost of the repairs v's buying a new one. We just give ours a decent funeral then buy a new one.

More expensive items do get repaired but are also replaced with new ones and the repaired fella then becomes a spare.

It all depends on your tool usage.

Have changed the motor brushes on mine, if it's old they may be worn.
thanks for that but I guess that if the hammer is ok the motor must be as that droves both functions.
I think Noseall has probably got it right when he says 'works em to death' . I must admit. I do like messing with them and the odd gear is only a few bob so sometimes it is worth having a look.

Sponsored Links
Just racking the remaining brain cell.....these drills have a cam clutch which revolves on a cam shaft and the parts wear as a pair - I'm about certain that will be the problem but as for parts availability I've no idea, unfortunately.
John :)

Just racking the remaining brain cell.....these drills have a cam clutch which revolves on a cam shaft and the parts wear as a pair - I'm about certain that will be the problem but as for parts availability I've no idea, unfortunately.
John :)
thanks John, I can see what you are talking about from repair manual.......can get them for £15ish so probably worth a go.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back