Makita Multi tool not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My makita Multi has stopped cutting, still powers up fine but when i try to cut it's not oscillating correctly bit like when the blade works loose but it isn't.
It seems to work applying pressure one way and not the other ie 180degree works but the other 180deg side wont oscillate.

Ive looked at some diagrams it looks like it works by an offset wheel pushing two fingers located at say 3 and 9 oclock on the offset wheel to create the oscillation maybe one of those fingers snapped? Maybe im barking up the wrong tree any ideas appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hmm i don't think i even registered it at all, will check ok i purchased it back in Sep 8th 2019. I guess that means i am out of luck!!

If the manufacturer doesn't do spares for it then you are probably out of luck. You can still take it apart and see what's up. Maybe something came loose.

Sponsored Links
If something in the crank housing has failed, it may not be economically viable to repair it. The crank housing on the cheapest Makita OIS is half the cost of a new tool.

You might get the part second hand on ebay ("working order"), risky perhaps, but cheaper than buying new if you cant justify that.

This guy has a series of videos on repairs.

Blup

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back