makita tools

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is makita the most reliable make of power tool for diyer and professional

Sponsored Links
Taking into account all their tools i'd say bosch blue. I'm not sure hilti or festo are in the diy price bracket

Sponsored Links
Makita, De Walt, Bosch blue, Metabo all on a par really. People tend to stick to a brand and I have stuck in the main to makita and been very pleased with all their stuff.

I'm going to have to take issue with DeWalt being in that list.

They were on a par 10 years ago, but unfortunatly they have started to prioritise price over quality. :evil:

right there rf ;)

i agree festo and the likes are generally out of the diyers pocket but the op did ask diy and professional.

on the whole a lot of my tools are bosch and do tend to be bomb proof.

Milwaukee 18volt has to be the worst equipment I have ever brougt. Never again.

Need a new set any Idea's?????????

Dewalt used to have a good reputation, but not anymore, they are now more interested in looks and a price range between the professional and the diyer. I have many Makita, Bosch blue and Hilti tools, you cannot fault them, although you pay for what you get.

Thank you thank you! I've been saying this about dewalt for a while now.. i love Makita stuff myself, had to borrow a mates dewalt cordless on a job once and was amazed how cheap and tacky it felt, not a fan. Nearly all my stuff is makita and i've never been disappointed.. i like hitachi's green stuff too ..

Thank you thank you! I've been saying this about dewalt for a while now.. i love Makita stuff myself, had to borrow a mates dewalt cordless on a job once and was amazed how cheap and tacky it felt, not a fan. Nearly all my stuff is makita and i've never been disappointed.. i like hitachi's green stuff too ..

Funny Dewalt has not got a good name now, but when I lived in Australia the Aussie's thought Dewalt to be the thing since sliced bread.

It used to be.

I bought a DeWalt battery drill when I was an apprentice, and it was fantastic. It cost me 2 weeks wages IIRC, but was well worth it. The build quality was fantastic, and it was a real workhorse.

If you compare that to the stuff they are turning out today there is just no comparison. I think the fact they can knock a battery drill out for 50 quid a pop speaks volumes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back