Malcolm McLaren dies aged 64

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
he probably ended up a millionaire through punk, which wasnt what it was all supposed to be about

I never really shone to the guy, but he did have a diverse career in both fashion and music and I quite liked some of the music he got involved in.
He spoke he's mind so fair play to that.
RIP MM

Will be eternally grateful for the pistols and the birth of British punk rock even if they ended up all not getting on in the end.

Not to mention, the buffalo girls go around the outside. :cool:

RIP Malcolm

He died from mesothelioma. 'Asbestos cancer'

sex-pistols-god.jpg

sexpistols.jpg

Nuff said.

R.I.P.

I liked the Sex Pistols. Still do. Malcom Mclarens influence on music and fashion at the time was definitely original and controversial even though Johnny might disagree. I admire the man, he went out there and did it.
R.I.P.

Malcolm McLaren and his wife Vivien Westwood were iconic in the influence they had on english pop culture in the 1970's onward. Certainly they helped change the course of pop culture, and the 80's and 90's wouldn't have what they were without them.

Apart from that the guy was only what 61, thats no age to die.

Whether you like him or not, his place in history is assured.

Don't deny that he will have a place in music/fashion history but the beauty of this life is that we all think/feel differently about things and he and punk did absolutely nothing for me.
As you say, 61 is a young age to die but thats what happens to a lot of people no matter what you or I may think of them.
A friend of my wife spent from her early teens till her death at 41 from heart failure looking after her incapacitated mother. She wasn't famous, a worldwide celebrity, a life changer but to us she was far above these 'celebrities' who achieve 'iconic' status because of what they do in the eyes of the public.

Sponsored Links
Back