Malwarebytes software

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program?

Since updating to v1.7 it causes my XP PC to hang whilst launching the desktop, usually for a few minutes.

If I'm lucky, it comes back to life, if not, its a reboot.

Sponsored Links
Hi

Install on 3 PC's at home. Fine on my Win7 but lags or fails to load correctly on the two XP computers. I am guessing a new release will be issued soon...

I suspect that they've stopped development for XP and concentrated on Windows 7 and 8.

Time will tell.

I've moved over to Spyware Blaster which nicely supports Avast.

I have the free version - which I believe does not offer real time protection - so I don't have it ticked to load automatically. I just load it from the desk top icon when I want to update/run a scan. I find it works fine with with my XP.
Other security is the free Panda Cloud Antivrus. Possibly not one of the best but I also have an extra safeguard by connecting through Sandboxie.

Sponsored Links
I have the free version - which I believe does not offer real time protection - so I don't have it ticked to load automatically. I just load it from the desk top icon when I want to update/run a scan. I find it works fine with with my XP.
Other security is the free Panda Cloud Antivrus. Possibly not one of the best but I also have an extra safeguard by connecting through Sandboxie.
I use the freebie one which does have real time protection. It's the latest release with the blue icon so maybe you have the older version with the red icon?. I find it very good. Trouble free on win7 pro and does not use a lot of background resources.

I use the freebie one which does have real time protection. It's the latest release with the blue icon so maybe you have the older version with the red icon?. I find it very good. Trouble free on win7 pro and does not use a lot of background resources.
I believe mine is the latest free version (1.75.0.1300) and it definitely doesn't have real time protection - unless you purchase the protection module or register for a free trial.

Beg your pardon. I did pay for MB pro a long time ago but I thought the subscription expired years ago. It turns out is was a one-off payment and I get the pro version forever. Bonus.

Beg your pardon. I did pay for MB pro a long time ago but I thought the subscription expired years ago. It turns out is was a one-off payment and I get the pro version forever. Bonus.
You can beg my pardon if you want! :D
You were suggesting that real time protection is included in the free version and that if I didn't have it I must have the old version.
You were wrong.
Watch my lips.
THE FREE ONE DOES NOT HAVE REAL TIME PROTECTION AS STANDARD.

The fact that you once paid for pro and have retained the benefits is a different case entirely.

You were suggesting that real time protection is included in the free version and that if I didn't have it I must have the old version.
You were wrong.
Watch my lips.

The fact that you once paid for pro and have retained the benefits is a different case entirely.
I was agreeing with you, you effing idiot. That's why I begged your pardon. I got it wrong and was acknowledging that. Dickhead.

You were wrong.
Watch my lips.

pineapple,

Next time, please try to read a post properly, as it might stop you grabbing the wrong end of the stick and making a fool of yourself, as you have just here.

Jeds was quite clearly stating that he realised he'd made an error, and was correcting it. He even had the common decency to say 'Beg your pardon'.

I think you owe him an apology.

Now now ladies, stop being bitchy...

I use MWB pro, it seems to work OK for me and does not cause any hang - but then I'm on a version of windows that is not ancient.

Now now ladies, stop being ****...

I use MWB pro, it seems to work OK for me and does not cause any hang - but then I'm on a version of windows that is not ancient.

I don't use any "protection" at all - but then I'm not using any version of windows anyway !

Sponsored Links
Back