MANAGER OF THE YEAR

We had a surprise result against Spurs today at Anfield, but hopefully that will not affect Kenny being awarded the much deserved accolade of 'Manager of the Season' - I know I am biased but he has dramatically turned the team around since being appointed in January.

I think Redknapp should get it for steering his team to 5th and managing to stay in & around the top 4 for so long.

Sponsored Links
No, I dont think he should. He has finished lower this season than he did last season.

No, I dont think he should. He has finished lower this season than he did last season.

Nah, Harry's not had a lot to spend whereas City spent ~£100m. The acquisition of Carroll and Suarez in January suggest that Dalglish is a chequebook manager. By that logic, Mancini should win it. Afterall, Dalgish was in charge of Liverpool when they exited both the FA Cup and the Europa league!

Not much logic to that argument as Kenny had only been in the job for ONE DAY when we played in the FA Cup! Although we were the better team. And the Europa League game was just a little too early in his reign. The main objective at that time was to get the team away from the relegation area - which time has shown he did extremely successfully.

Sponsored Links

Nah, Harry's not had a lot to spend whereas City spent ~£100m. The acquisition of Carroll and Suarez in January suggest that Dalglish is a chequebook manager. By that logic, Mancini should win it. Afterall, Dalgish was in charge of Liverpool when they exited both the FA Cup and the Europa league!

He lost one of the best strikers in the world and replaced him with the money he got from the sale....how is that a cheque book manager?

The FA Cup defeat wasnt down to Dalglish, he hadnt even trained with the team before that game!

He lost one of the best strikers in the world and replaced him with the money he got from the sale....how is that a cheque book manager?

And looking at how Torres has performed since deciding to go, we got a good deal from that, and a more than suitable replacement!

The FA Cup defeat wasnt down to Dalglish, he hadnt even trained with the team before that game!

Torres cost £25m. Carroll £35m; if he's not a chequebook manager then he would have bought a quality striker in the £15-20m region.

Ok, he has an excuse for the FA Cup, but there's no excuse for such an early exit from Europe.

Torres cost £25m. Carroll £35m; if he's not a chequebook manager then he would have bought a quality striker in the £15-20m region.

Ok, he has an excuse for the FA Cup, but there's no excuse for such an early exit from Europe.

We SOLD Torres to Chelsea. Remember???????? !!!!!!!!!

Yep I do remember; I was going to start off with a comparison between the two, but decided not to. Plus Benitez took Torres to Anfield, not Dalglish. Of the two managers, I think Benitez was/is better.

Well if you understand the deal, Liverpool said they would offer 15 mill less for Carroll for what ever they sold Torres for....if Torres went for 20 mill we would have only offered 5 mill for Carrol. That is NOT a cheque book manager

Well if you understand the deal, Liverpool said they would offer 15 mill less for Carroll for what ever they sold Torres for....if Torres went for 20 mill we would have only offered 5 mill for Carrol. That is NOT a cheque book manager

John Henry said:
It was ultimately up to Newcastle how much this was all going to cost. They [Newcastle] made a hell of a deal. We felt the same way.

The fee for Torres was dependent on what Newcastle asked for Carroll

So basically they asked Newcastle to name their price and demanded Chelsea give them £15m more than Newcastle wanted for Carroll. You're telling me that Carroll is worth £35m?

The general concensus is that a chequebook manager spends a lot of money to bring success to his club. Ferguson has been labelled it, as was Mourinho; Berbatov and Drogba being prime examples. Both cost less than Carroll. Kenny Dalglish is a chequebook manager. He spent £57m on TWO players!

He is just being argumentative Snico. Which is way he is getting confused and quoting inaccurate info.

HILARIOUS .....yeah newcastle would have sold carroll for £5 million :mrgreen:

the TRUE genius signing was Hernandez for 6million

John W Henry has explained Liverpool's decision to spend a British record transfer fee on Andy Carroll, revealing he strictly stipulated that the Reds pay £15 million less than they received for Fernando Torres

ie, we get 40 mill for Torres, we offer 25 for Carroll....pretty simple.

How can Dalglish be a cheque book manager when he replaced TWO strikers with another TWO strikers for the sale price of his previous TWO strikers?

Now if he asked for money to spend outright then yes you could label him a cheque book manager!

Mourinho is an example of a cheque book manager....he has only ever managed clubs that have given him pretty much unlimited amounts of money. Thats why you wont see him in the prem again unles he goes to Chelsea or City....he goes where the money is.

Sponsored Links
Back