MANAGER OF THE YEAR

Does it matter either way? For what it's worth I believe the offer from Chelsea came first, followed by Liverpools offer for Carol that Newcastle couldn't refuse. If you don't think he was worth it, fair enough. But when you think the alternative was having eggnog up front for the rest of the season the fee seems a lot more reasonable.

Thats very true......in a nut shell what I was trying to explain

Sponsored Links
I have read that quote, from the Guardian....

Sooey, can you explain this any better because i'm struggling now!

Explain to EngStudent how Henry and Werner wantde a difference of £15m and where not bothered about any fee that Newcastle wanted

I have tried to explain how we where selling Torres first before we made any offer to Newcastle etc etc

Oh for f...

They wanted to know what Newcastle wanted for Carroll before demanding £15m more than that from Chelsea. Not accepting x amount from Chelsea and then offering x-15m for Carroll.

The transfer window was open for 1 month. Liverpool knew that Chelsea wanted Torres and that he wanted to go. Liverpool told the russian to cough up 50 mill or go away. Chelsea then tried to play hardball by leaving it to the last minute to try and get the price down. In the meantime Liverpool say to Ashley, if Chelsea buy Torres for 50 mill we'll give you 35 for Carol, interested? Ashley says he'll bite their hand off so Liverpool tell him it will probably be a last minute thing if it happens so be ready to move. Liverpool then wait for the russian gangster to blink, which he does, and things move very quickly at the last minute because they've all been prearranged. In the meantime Liverpool have bought Suarez for 20 something million, and sold Babel for 6. Net result being two strikers out, one who didn't want to be there and one who'd been pretty cr*p. And two new decent strikers in, for a total net outlay of something like 2 million quid. Great business.

The reason it was all based on 50 million for Torres not the other way around was because that was the buy out clause in his contract. Liverpool told Chelsea, meet that or fck off.

Sponsored Links
That's not your problem. Liverpool were happy to pay it under the circumstances, so he was worth it to them. Whether he justifies it or not, time will tell.

Exactly, Liverpool where prepared to pay any price for him, as long as they made £15m from the sale of Torres to go towards the Babel money to pay for Suarez

If carroll is worth £35 mil Hernandez must be worth £60mil
Talk about overpriced

Talk about overpriced

Both scored the same amount of premier league goals.......plus Carroll has played less due to being injured.

If Hernandez is worth 60, Suarez is worth 120!

Talk about overpriced

Both scored the same amount of premier league goals.......plus Carroll has played less due to being injured.

Stats time. ;)

Carroll has actually played 2 games less than Hernandez in the league, both having scored 13 goals. If we expand that to include all competitions, Carroll has played 28 and scored 13 (1 goal every 2.15 games); Hernandez has played 44 and scored 20 (1 goal every 2.2 games). I don't have/can't be bothered to find the statistics regarding how many of those appearances were as substitutes.

Hernandez vs Suarez; Overall, Suarez has played 12 (all in the league) and scored 4; a return of 1 goal every 3 games. As above, Hernandez averages 1 goal every 2.2 games. Again, I don't have the statistics for how many of Suarez's appearances came as a substitute.

In summary: Carroll>Hernandez>Suarez.

Talk about overpriced

Lol its not even close in. terms of impact

Many players have big impacts, it doesnt mean they are going to be stars does it

Suarez is a far more versatile player, Hernandez relies on lots of service. If Uniteds midfield have a bad day, so does he

Hernandez is similar to Torres and has the problem of being found out next season.

They are 2 completely different players, but I would have Suarez over Hernandez any day because he brings a lot more to the game.

Only twice has MOTY been awarded to a manager other than the manager who guided his team to the Premier League title in the 17 seasons it has been awarded.

This year, it will either be Ferguson who has won the title and is at least a runner-up in the Champions League with a team that almost all 'experts' wrote off before the season started. Or it'll be Mancini, for winning City's first trophy for almost 40 years and getting them in the Champions league.

Kenny wont get it (again) for turning an under-performing team into a mid-table team.. that's hardly an acheivement at all, especially as he only had one other cup competition to worry about and he didn't exactly pull up any trees there...

If Blackpool avoid the drop then Holloway has an outside chance, having provided some exciting football matches, some unexpected results and avoiding the first year bounce back to the Championship. But I doubt that will happen.

Sponsored Links
Back