Manifold and Raditor Problem

vjp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a several radiators stop working and so therefore I was advised by British Gas for a Powerflush, but this actually increased the number of raditators that have stopped working.

BG have effectively washed their hands of it, saying there's nothing we can do.

I have tried balancing the radiators, to see if it helps but some radiators are still stone cold and has made no difference. I have a new boiler (WB 30kw), thinking it could be a power issue, the prior boiler was 24kw Icos boiler.

Note: The radiators which are not working have been taken off from the wall and checked for any blockages - and they are totally clean.

One of the BG engineers mentioned it could be a manifold issue but without knowing the location, they can't check and do not want to investigate.

I have a megaflow tank in the airing cupboard upstairs (1st floor) and the boiler is located on the ground floor.

Could anyone assist in an suggestions to remedy this issue?

Kind regards

VJ

Sponsored Links
Ask BG for your money back for a start. Your manifold could possibly be upstairs just outside the airing cupboard. Where I live that's traditionally where they were fitted. That's where I'd start looking. Once found they can be easily removed and cleaned or renewed.

• Thanks
Reactions: vjp
Hello 45,

Many thanks for your prompt reply? Is it possible that there is only one manifold in the entire house? I have about 19 radiators and it's a new build house circa 2003, is it a case of cleaning the manifold or would I have to replace?

Kind regards
VJ

It is possible that there is more than one manifold..with your number of rads, although I've known them to be fabricated for 15 rads. Without finding then it's hard to be more precise. Do you have any info from the builders, or maybe contact them for help.

• Thanks
Reactions: vjp
Sponsored Links
Hi,

Unfortunately, builder has said that they don't have a record of the house as it is old now.

I'll try lifting up the carpet near the airing cupboard and see if I can find the manifold.

Kind regards

VJ

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back