Manually operate a pressure release valve?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible to manually operate the pressure release valve on the Vaillant ecoTEC 637 boiler or is it just controlled by the boiler itself?

My pressure is at 3.1 bar and despite the filling loop being completely off, the boiler does not seem to be lowing its pressure back to an acceptable 2 or so bar.

Thanks and Happy New Year!!

Sponsored Links
We have Robbens underfloor heating throughout the whole house. There are manifolds for each floor with what seems to be a bleed valve at the end, but the chap who put them in has left them facing the wall and so it next to impossible to get a bucket under.

Is that basically the only option though?
Thanks

Don't use the prv to reduce pressure. Doing this could cause a bit of carp to sit on the valve seat and let it drip constantly afterwards, needing a new prv fitted.

Both the ch isolating valves under the boiler have drain offs on them.

A 7mm spanner will fit or failing that a small adjustable.

I have replied in your other post.

It is best to keep to one post for the same problem ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks Dave. I had a rummage around in the garden and found some hose pipe fixtures and a short length and luckily was able to screw the pipe onto the manifold outlet. I have drained off some water and brought the pressure down to 2.2 bar now. Hopefully it will hold this pressure now, but will keep checking it. Is that a suitable pressure?

Many thanks again for the quick reply, hugely appreciated by me and my wife!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back