Marble Back Panel Moving >

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please tell me I am not going mad, I have a marble hearth, surround and back panel with a Baxi homeflame fired fitted, HE type. Well a few months ago I noticed the back panel was moving to the right. I made a mark and continued to check and yep it sure is moving and not just my eyes. I had the fireplace guy come back who looked as confused as me cos the panel is heavy. Anyway have move it back, can anyone throw any light why this should move almost an inch to the right ultimately now pushing on the fire. Any help would be appreciated.

Aus

Sponsored Links
A local town hall in this part of the world has for more than a century had a marble statue which turns on it's own, unseen in the night. It is far too heavy to be moved by a single person. the received wisdom was that it was vibration from the nearby main road of lorries and buses passing which were causing these nocturnal girations. maybe you have something similar

JobandKnock
I am sure it's not vibration or the like, would accept thermal beacuse the fire has been on a lot lately nut can't understand why it is moving one way and such a distance for a heavy thing.

Sponsored Links
Aus

Would you like the phome number of a freelance Catholic priest? He's quite versatile - does everything from confirmations to barmitzvahs........

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back