Marine or WBP Ply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it okay to use WBP plywood on a bathroom floorboards and then lay ceramic tiles on top. It's only at 4 square meters and it isn't a wet room. I've been told that I should use Marine Ply? What's the view of the experts? Tks. :confused: [/wiki]

Sponsored Links
I will be putting plaster board slabs on a partition wall at the top of the bath. The shower mixer will be position on this wall. Can I tile directly onto the plasterboard or will I need to use WBP plywood again?

Do I need to seal between the sheets of WBP plywood (for the floor tiles) with waterproof tape?
Thanks
D

Sponsored Links
My preferance for plasterboard in wet areas (showers & above baths) is to apply a tanking system to the plasterboard. This is better than using ply as it will expand & contract with changes in humidity. BAL or Dunlop to suitable tanking kits with all you need, I prefer the BAL

Unless you are planing a wet room there is no need to do anything to the ply floor joints. Some adhesive makers suggest sealing the edges & underside of the ply with SBR but not a lot of people bother. Just make sure you use flexible adhesive & grout preferably the powdered ones not tub mix.

JAson

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back