Masked detector reset !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have an entry alarm system and after having some work done the panel wont reset due to a masked detector fault (due to works being carried out and a detector being covered by polythene sheeting).
This has happened before and costs approx £70 per time to fix but all the engineer does is open the sensor spend about 5 seconds inside then close and the fault has gone.
Could anyone please tell me how to reset the sensor (is it a reset button, remove replace a wire, etc.).

20201018_120530.jpg
20201018_120842.jpg

Thanks for any constructive advice you can give.

Sponsored Links
don't know the detector but removing 12v and reapplying usually resolves the issue.

the question is does the engineer put the panel into engineering first, just it could be set up for a tamper eng reset so lifting the lid could require an eng reset.

Thats great. Thankyou for the quick response.
I think I will try to remove/refit the 12v supply and see as it is in fault anyway so nothing to loose.

Sponsored Links
Not at all. I have installed many a security system, even using 12 core cable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back