Mason mitre on worktop by handsaw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How easy is it to cut a masons mitre on a worktop by handsaw,what size handsaw how many teeth and how to set up the joint thanks.

Sponsored Links
How easy is it to cut a masons mitre on a worktop by handsaw,what size handsaw how many teeth and how to set up the joint thanks.

its very easy if
you have a perfect arc when cutting
are able to cut 100% strait
and can do it without chipping

there is possiby 3 or 4 people in the world that could make a living cutting by hand :D :D

and i definatly aint one ;)

its very easy if

there is possiby 3 or 4 people in the world that could make a living cutting by hand :D :D

:LOL: i can,

only thing is i do not do the arc, i do a straight mitre using my combination square,normall 22"handsaw,poly glue,biscuits and colorfill jobs a gooden. :D

Sponsored Links

its very easy if

:LOL: i can,

only thing is i do not do the arc, i do a straight mitre using my combination square,normall 22"handsaw,poly glue,biscuits and colorfill jobs a gooden. :D
Gregers how much do you measure in, do you get much chipping of the laminate,has the saw got lots ot teeth per inch thankyou.

i normally do it at 20mm in,make sure its a new/fairly new saw.just a normal blue handled one.

forget it cardiy its a near impossible task for an amature
both surface must be 100% strait and square otherwisise you will get gaps and/or the worktop will rise when you tighten the bolts

i dont think greggers ment masons mitres because that tripples the difficulty

you need to cut 2 parralel cuts that havent deviated and stop then cut 2 x45 degree angles and they all match up exactly :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

suggest you practice on 18mm mdf or old worktops first

right ive just loaded up 2 piccys of my worktop,i hope there is enough detail to give you a good idea of what can be achieved by using a hand saw,biscuits,poly glue,colorfil and maybe a block plane.

this was done approx 6 years ago and its 30mm worktop.

let me know what you think of the pics,if there crud ill try and upload from my digi camara rather then my c.rappy phone.

brilliant job a real skill ;)

i as a bench joiner would'nt even attempt a hand cut but then i do have lovley hitachi router lol :D :D

like anything the more you do the better(hopefully)you become,personally as i do not have a jig,as said i do these by hand.
ive been offered the loan of various jigs,and to be honest they scare the pants off of me,coz i aint got a scooby on how to use them,

IS IT STRANGE HOW THE MIND WORKS ;)

im assuming the pics are ok then?

they are a bit misty but i do fully believe you and asking for clearer pictures would be disrespecting your word [that i fully trust ;) ]

right ive just loaded up 2 piccys of my worktop,i hope there is enough detail to give you a good idea of what can be achieved by using a hand saw,biscuits,poly glue,colorfil and maybe a block plane.

this was done approx 6 years ago and its 30mm worktop.

let me know what you think of the pics,if there crud ill try and upload from my digi camara rather then my c.rappy phone.
Where are the pics?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back