MASSIVE phone bill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I text a lot. When I chose my new contract phone I took this into account, and got a contract with 300 txts and 300 minutes every month. I never use all my minutes. I rarely call anyone. This contract costs £25 per month. I never thought I'd send more than 300 text messages in a month, but I have been getting to know someone from work, and texting her a lot. In fact I sent her 790 text messages last month, which cost me £57 + vat after deducting some freebie messages.

In total i sent 1559 messages. My phone bill is huge (5 times what it normally is). I'm with O2.

Whats your tarrif, and where did you get it from? I'm after suggestions!!! :)

Sponsored Links
I know this may seem a little old fashioned but have you considered actually talking to her Steve ;)

I know this may seem a little old fashioned but have you considered actually talking to her Steve ;)
She has a boyfriend. Talking is difficult. Its a little "secretive". He knows we text, but I dont fancy hearing his voice at the end of the phone, you know? (and for the record she sent the same number of messages back, I wasnt just firing endless messages to her with no response)

Don't you know what, 'F-Off fat stuff' means? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
300 mins and 300 texts for £10 from Virgin if you have other services with them. :D

Firstly i'd say your wasting your time on this girl. Secondly 300 texts and 300 mins for £25 is a rip off.

Most phone companys will offer you unlimited texts with some tariffs.

700 texts.....are you bloody mad. as said before there is a real world out there. If she is with someone else then where are you actually going with this?

My suggestion would be go out and actually speak to someone in plain english, that is free and single. Guess what you will actually enjoy it and the money you spend on texts will pay for a decent night out.

text back....

no you text back......

no you text back......etc etc etc :rolleyes:

Had to laugh as i read this earlier the wife threw me the phone bill which she had just opened, now the phone is just there for emergencies and to take work in, we hardly ever use it and do all phone calls on mobile .

Well £247 of which £180 was calls to mobiles, 15 year old son is now grounded and skint. His mother was not amused.

Mi nd you im not sure its a good idea keeping him in as he might phone his mates :rolleyes: :LOL:

If your gonna send that amount of texts then find someone who's worth it, if she has a boyfriend then she's probably stringing you along.

I have a contract phone with Orange plus home braodband with Orange too, the package costs me about £40.00 a month for the mobile + £5.00 a month for the broadband, for that I get about 300 mins a month on the mobile + unlimited texts on the mobile, plus free landline calls & calls to Orange mobiles via a phone connected to my Orange Livebox.

I think Oranges deals have changed now so you may be able to get something similar for less.

Sponsored Links
Back