T-Mobile end of contract scam !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are high value contract customer because we receive a lot of calls.

We get a rebate on 2/3 of the rental.

Two months ago they sent a text to say there was a billing mistake and I ignored the higher bill for that month.

This month the bill was again high and I questioned why. The answer was that the contract has ended and the rebate stopped!

WHY DID THEY NOT TELL ME THE CONTRACT AND REBATE HAD ENDED?

Sponsored Links
Its a scam because they intentionally do NOT advise users that the contract period has passed and thus are charging more.

The gas and elect suppliers do exactly the same thing when you have a commercial contract supply. The charge for elect can go up from 12p to 33p when its out of contract!

Sponsored Links
Its a scam because they intentionally do NOT advise users that the contract period has passed and thus are charging more.

The gas and elect suppliers do exactly the same thing when you have a commercial contract supply. The charge for elect can go up from 12p to 33p when its out of contract!

i disagree.
Don't you read contracts and the T&Cs before signing them?

It's in their interests not to notify you, and have small print, but a large contract must be aware how long a contract will last.

So incompetence from the user, awry from the supplier. They get away with it 1/10, it works for them.

My partner got conned by 3 mobile last year. They offered her an 18 month contract, new phone xxx free minutes xxgb internet access xxx free texts., new phone etc .When the phone came, there was no instruction manual with it. From day one, internet access was hit and miss. After a visit to the 3 mobile shop in town, we left with everything working on the phone. A few weeks later the internet access was non existent. Her contract ends this month, and 3 keep phoning her up offering xxx minutes xxgb internet etc. She asked them about the loss of internet for over a year, they then said her contract never included internet access. I know for a fact that she was offered internet when she took out the contract, but they still say no. Needless to say, she's now looking elsewhere for a new phone etc.

WHY DID THEY NOT TELL ME THE CONTRACT AND REBATE HAD ENDED?

Simple answer: because they don't have to.

Why did you not read your contract, the terms and conditions, and arrange something for when that ends?

I would have thought a change in contract , i.e. the price , would have to be notifiable to the customer before the changes take place.
Unless of course as said its already in the contract.
A courtesy call or letter to remind the customer would have been a good idea, just to show some customer care skills, something large companys nowadays have very little of.

I would have thought a change in contract , i.e. the price , would have to be notifiable to the customer before the changes take place.
Unless of course as said its already in the contract.
A courtesy call or letter to remind the customer would have been a good idea, just to show some customer care skills, something large companys nowadays have very little of.
To be fair to T-Mobile, i personally can't praise their Customer service high enough. Moved over to them from Orange about 18 months ago and find them to be excellent. Can't say the same about Orange though - i blame the French.

T-Mobile suport my Blackberry.
They have given me free internet acces for over a year now. Due to an error in their shop, even 6 months would have been a result!
Now they have tied with Orange, their coverage is second to none IMHO.
Annoying call centre ( Americans), but at least they understand you!!!

To the OP, you never read the terms and conditions. Your fault, end off really.

Cant fault T-Mobile myself, been with them since day one.

I have a great package with them and top of the range phone, so technically my calls, texts and internet are free as my contract pays for the cost of the phone over the term.

Its worth staying and haggling with the same company and never leaving them, they will always offer you better than elsewhere.

Its basic really, they spend the money on the ink and paper. Its down to you to read it before you sign.

Sponsored Links
Back