Max zs of 2amp C type rcbo?

If it is a college question then the right answer is definitely not "by asking on a DIY advice website on the Internet".

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all the replys, quite in depth ones at that. It is for work purposes for filling in a minor works cert. I've emailed the manufacturer and waiting for their reply.

I've emailed the manufacturer and waiting for their reply.
What makes you think the reply will be different to the ones given here? 11.5 Ω or 9.2 Ω applying 80% Rule of Thumb.
Good question, and one (well, I!) would certainly have expected someone completing a MWC to understand how to calculate it. In fact, one wonders whether the manufacturer will answer the question because, particularly if is phrased exactly as it was here (see ** below), it's not really a specific question about their product. However, I fear that the OP has probably taken some of the advice he received here ...
Hi anyone know where I can find the max zs of a 2amp C type rcbo?
Ring the manufacturer & ask them!!!
[** although it's probably fairly obvious to electricians, the question as posed here doesn't explicitly say that he is interested in the maximum Zs which will result in the magnetic part of the overcurrent part of the device operating in response to an L-E fault of negligible impedance, with a U0 of 230V. If interpreted as asking about the maximum Zs which would result in their device (as a whole) operating rapidly in response to such a fault, then (per a lot of what eric wrote, but didn't fully explain) the answer would, of course, be totally different]

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
What would have been wrong with using 10x the value for C20s published in the Tables?
Nothing - but that would have required a degree of understanding that would have meant that he could have worked it out for himself (as U0/Ia, with the 80%/80.6% correction if he wanted) without tables.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back