Maximum Demand for a church

Could it be 33.3333333333A per phase?

With respect, I think RF is right. You should let an experienced spark tackle this job.

Sponsored Links
I have advised the builder to ask EON for advice, clearly I have not enough experience of commercial installations, however, it appears from the helpful comments that a 63A TP OCD supplying a DB would suffice.

As said I have advised he contacts EON, and instructs a commercial electrical company.

I will be interested to see how it evolves and keep you posted. Thanks for the help provided. Also be interested if someone can quote with evidence that a TP100A switch is rated above 100A ! (and also what a TP&N DB is typically rated at ?)

Friggin basic stuff!

A 100amp TP isolator in a DB is rated at 100amp per pole. That's it, the end.

If it was a four pole version, each pole again would be rated at 100amp.

So, in your judgement, if you drew 100amp on each phase, how much would your 100amp neutral pole be expected to carry?

When you buy a 32amp 3 pole rotary isolator from the wholesaler, do you believe it is only rated to 10amp per phase?

If you fitted a 63amp TP MCB (80amp MCB's are available, but not for the majority of off the shelf TPN boards), then what rating do you think it will trip at? 63amp overcurrent on one phase, all phases? or 20 ish amps on one phase?

I would walk away from this job if I were you.

Friggin basic stuff! A 100amp TP isolator in a DB is rated at 100amp per pole. That's it, the end.
Exactly - as even I, a non-electrician, was able to point out early in the thread. If anyone, electrician or not, doesn't understand even that, as you say, they shouldn't be going anywhere near a 3-phase installation!

You could have taken your rhetorical questions even further - I wonder if the OP thinks that a double-pole 20A switch is rated at only 10A per pole?!

Kind Regards, John.

Sponsored Links
100A isolator: (which can switch a single 100A load)

100-sp1.jpg

100A isolators which can switch 2x100A (200A) and 4x100A (400A) loads

WS102-104_medium.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back