Maybe no summer holiday!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just looked at Worldometer & cases seem to be having a sudden surge again.
Gutted.
Greece is getting the highest amount of cases throughout its whole period, France is a basket case, everywhere apart from Spain is on the up again.
(Obviously we aren’t though, we are setting the standard currently)

Sponsored Links
Just looked at Worldometer & cases seem to be having a sudden surge again.
Gutted.
Greece is getting the highest amount of cases throughout its whole period, France is a basket case, everywhere apart from Spain is on the up again.
(Obviously we aren’t though, we are setting the standard currently)

Cyprus is opening its doors to UK visitors?

There's a potential risk with any plane travel....people returning may be forced to stay in quarantine hotel costing £1750per person

Exactly.
Hasn’t France relaxed it’s boarders this week as well? Bad timing, it makes no sense

The thing is, Greece has had really low rates the whole time. Why is it spiking now?

Sponsored Links
The EU will make life awkward due to Brexit, but many of there countries will gag for our tourism cash.

I don’t think I can manage that again, although that was a damn good summer last year.

All for a virus no more dangerous than flu, and for which there are numerous effective treatments and preventions.
How fcking stupid people are.

Effective treatments? I thought you said they were worse.

The thing is, Greece has had really low rates the whole time. Why is it spiking now?

Maybe they started using our counting methods.

Seriously though, it proves that lockdown isn't a sustainable way of tackling the problem. Eventually you have to emerge, and unless the rest of the world is free from a virus, it's going to affect that country's population. Czech Republic is a good example. They did a very early, strict lockdown that they called 'state of emergency'. This worked for most of last year with very low cases, even summer and autumn when they relaxed rules a lot. Come the beginning of winter and their figures are rising.

Any hols for me this summer will be in the UK.
Same here. Had a short U.K. break booked for next Mon/Tues/Weds but that’s been switched to August and I’ve booked for Jersey in July. Fingers crossed they let us in by then.

Sponsored Links
Back