Maybe no summer holiday!!!

Yes, it's called a vaccine.Data shows that hospital admissions for over 80s and over 70s that have been vaccinated are down by almost 90%

And it's believed that those who went to hospital, had already got the virus when they were vaccinated.

You can't vaccinate 24,000,000 people without giving it to many thousands who already had the virus.

Sponsored Links
Nonsense they will be gagging for UK tourists, that part will get smoothed over, as it will suit the EU

You claimed: "The EU will make life awkward due to Brexit"

Which is untrue.
Any issues created are entirely caused by the UK becoming a 3rd country....a decision it made for itself.

Are there any issues?
The EU has kindly agreed to roll over EHIC and roaming charges are to be the same.

Pet passports are no longer...
Duty free has reverted
UK isn't in schengen so could be delays at airports
All of which were member benefits

You claimed: "The EU will make life awkward due to Brexit"

Which is untrue.
Any issues created are entirely caused by the UK becoming a 3rd country....a decision it made for itself.

Are there any issues?
The EU has kindly agreed to roll over EHIC and roaming charges are to be the same.

Pet passports are no longer...
Duty free has reverted
UK isn't in schengen so could be delays at airports
All of which were member benefits

But as I pointed out, as it will directly benefit the EU to have unfettered Tourism, that part will get ironed out.

Since when did you trust politicians on any side of the Channel.

Sponsored Links
Data shows that hospital admissions for over 80s and over 70s that have been vaccinated are down by almost 90%

Aren't all cases down by such a number?

upload_2021-3-13_23-39-18.png

What would you think about a country whose graph for this latest wave looks almost identical to the UK's but which didn't start vaccinations until later and have not vaccinated as many people yet?

upload_2021-3-13_23-54-35.png

Last edited:
why are you comparing a "Cases" chart with a "Deaths" chart? You are comparing things that are not the same.

Also, the scales are different, so the chart shapes are not comparable. Isn't there a "per 100,000 population" view, so that the chart shapes are comparable?

Also, the scales are different, so the chart shapes are not comparable.
Surely it's better that the scales are different so the shape is the same.
You can judge whether 80% fall or not.

Isn't there a "per 100,000 population" view, so that the chart shapes are comparable?
The actual numbers don't matter.
Notch said there was 80% fall in old people because of the vaccinated.
You can see the percentage fall in both for all ages.

To note:

For this third wave the pro-rata figures allowing for the population difference have been remarkably similar between the two countries.

dont think summer holidays will happen to any great extent this year
i doubt all 50+ will be done till july- august so more tinkering at edges than full blown holidays i suspect :(

Holiday in the UK this year, our tourism/hospitality industry is on its knees (and the rest of europe hate us) lets make Britain great again, Considering the way the EU have treated us I couldn't give a flying **** if the narrow minded little eu go down the pan. When the pandemic is over I'm off to the likes of India, Carrabean, USA, Far East, Aus .....

France and Italy are the closest comparable countries. But both are warmer larger countries with better population distributions.

I personally don’t think the U.K. should count its chickens yet. Other countries are a few weeks ahead of lockdown easing.

but it’s also not clear if mainland Europe is now feeling the pinch of the more virulent strains which appear to have ripped through the U.K. in December and January

population distributions.
Age of population has a lot to do with the death rate. I was speaking to an Indian couple yesterday and they were telling me that things are not nearly as bad in India as they are here. He said the cities and towns there are rammed, often shoulder to shoulder.

Sponsored Links
Back