Mcb locks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Will a pins out mcb lock fit hager and schneider 3 pole mcbs?

I'm isolating the air conditioners at work as staff cannot be trusted with the controls. Nor can I trust them with the mcbs!

I might just get some grub screw ones instead but they aren't cheap! They look like cheap little things. Then there's the padlock to buy too.

Sponsored Links
Is there no rotary isolators that just take a normal padlock?
How important is the isolation, or is it just a configuration control?
Technically to isolate you'd need to be competent to test the isolation after securing using an approved voltage measuring device. To turn off for configuration isn't as demanding, just switch it off, secure and make sure it doesn't work.

I have some ABB pin type lockouts that fit the schnieder MCBs, not sure about hager but the screw type generally fit most MCBs.

This appears to be quite a common problem in retail.
many stores i work in seem to have hand made signs warning staff not to adjust the controls :) you would think these days theyd have pin code access

Sponsored Links
I have already turned off the breakers but know that someone will find them sooner or later.
I don't think I'll actuality bother with the lock offs they look to big to fit inside the covers of the dbs. One of the breakers is for the electric air curtain which is mega wasteful.

One of the breakers is for the electric air curtain which is mega wasteful.

You have been listening to BAS too much I'm afraid. Air curtain heaters blow the heat into the shop, not straight out the door as he would have you believe, the airflow from the unit also stops all the heat already in the shop from the heating system from going out the door when its open.

Ah the air curtain running cold would do all the above, but my staff know how to turn the heating coils on. So forget it. I'm not having a 12kw heater running all day. :LOL: And besides there is no heat to keep in - i've turned the air con off, remember :LOL:

The air con is brought on by the automatic energy management panel (which we cant alter) but the air con controllers are accessible unfortunately.

The rotary isolators are on the roof on the compressors. We have no access. The fridgys have to hire ladders to get up there.

I've monitored the temperature in the shop over the last few days and it has remained between 16-19 degrees, within legal limits - especially if you're working hard.

I have already turned off the breakers but know that someone will find them sooner or later.
I don't think I'll actuality bother with the lock offs they look to big to fit inside the covers of the dbs. One of the breakers is for the electric air curtain which is mega wasteful.

As you request, I've no idea, why specifically you requested that but I guess you have your reasons. It's not like I am revealing information, that you yourself haven't in the past.

As you request, I've no idea, why specifically you requested that but I guess you have your reasons. It's not like I am revealing information, that you yourself haven't in the past.
Sometime in the far distant past maybe in unrelated posts to "questionnable" activities. ;) Thanks anyway.

And my boss has given me authorisation to isolate the air conditioners because our area is top in the country for energy savings this year and we want to stay there because the area (16 stores) is in line to win a substantial qty of red letter day vouchers! He popped in one day and commented it was too warm. :LOL:

Wire a 230 volt sound bomb into the circuit, breaker close, sound bomb activates. ( fit an isolator so the air con can be use when authorised )

Or a small smoke generator, getting smoke when the breaker is closed without authorisation might get the message home to them.

SMTRT031.JPG
Tamper proof covers on thermostat!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back