MCBs Busbar and magnetic screwdrivers

Thinking about it, I am pretty sure the Merlin MCB's have a metal flat bit behind the vice terminal, this rising up and down with the terminal, preventing the busbar going behind.

Sponsored Links
I thought that was the case too Lec, but I couldn't find a pic to prove it and too lazy to go and root round in the back of the van :LOL:

Do you remember the earlier Merlin boards before the sliders... where you had to attach a forked bit of metal to the busbar and fit the breaker to that? Came across one the other day, and noticed a load of breakers were not sitting quite in line... on further inspection it seemed that someone had added few circuits and forgotten to obtain the 'forks' and bodged something with ring crimp :evil:

I happen to have a Merlin breaker on my desk and it does have the flat blocky tab jobby like hager breakers do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back