McCulloch spark plug

Yes it’s flat.

The kit I bought was from member K20 WAT or close to that and was listed for the walbro wt441

Sponsored Links
I'd compare the new diaphragm with the original one - if its exactly the same then its just the orientation we have to ascertain.
John :)

Sponsored Links
I assume we’re still talking about the brown mesh gasket. I see what you are saying so I will take care off again tomorrow.

Do you have any advice for allowing it to tick over etc.

With my strimmer it was warm it up squeeze throttle & turn H screw left right etc listening for that sweet spot etc.

What the procedure for these.

If you can get the thing to continue running, one way is to turn the idle screw in a fair way, and then unscrew it a bit at a time, juggling with the L screw at the same time until you get a regular tickover with the blades stopped. Adjust the H screw so the engine accelerates quickly then starts to four stroke as it reaches high revs with no load.

A8704DCB-E963-43B8-8720-AF5DC3C98D04.jpeg E2B9395D-C2AE-42B4-AFF3-058CD2447229.jpeg E2B9395D-C2AE-42B4-AFF3-058CD2447229.jpeg If you compare the brown mesh pump gasket in your #23 post you'll see its the same as as the one Ive just got from the Ws .I held my gasket over your latest pics an it lines up perfectly
so the one you discarded, by my reckoning is the correct one

Flap valves should line up with arrowed holes

Last edited:
Since putting this gasket on the correct way it feels better as ford pull it started.
One video clip but two sections.

1st = Full choke, throttle trigger held, both H & L screws set at 1 1/2 turns each.

2nd = Trying to start after it died in first video.

I’ve noticed it prefers choke & throttle trigger held as choke off nothing much happens, maybe because it’s not warmed up yet but then I can’t warm it up as it will not run for long.
This seems to me a vast improvement but what do you advise on the video clip & action now to be taken.

Video on my google drive.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cID3ZCXJn2Z_MFArZqIqNd-BQZYVOfnS/view?usp=drivesdk

Just something to add to this.
In one of my first posts i added this photo.
5470.jpg

I mentioned that the top green arrowed pipe enters the tank & has a filter on it.

The white arrowed hose enters the tank & thats it.

Ive put mine back the other way around so now im doubting myself ???
With some fuel in the carb & both hoses off when i press the primer bulb i get fuel coming out of the top metal pipe.
This is why i thought it was a return

First part of the video clip.....keep it on full throttle, when the engine starts to fade, give it one second with the choke lever and see if the engine picks up again
Second part, after the engine has failed......immediately give it choke and one or two pulls. then, choke back off again, full throttle and away it should go.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back