McCulloch spark plug

Ok,
Doubt i would ever find it then as the internet pages are changing ever second,

Some help for you though about links.

Lets say you found an item you want to show your friend.

In the address bar "bit where it shows HTTPS etc etc" left click in that area once & it will then turn blue.
Once blue right click the text then select copy.

Then you you now have the unique page for your friend.
So in this example i now come to this forum then right click on the page and select paste.

Now you will see the page link that you have just copied.
So in my case i have copied the below for you.

https://www.amazon.com/HIPA-P4018AV...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00WPSE3SU

Now all you or your friend would need to do is click on it & you will be taken to the page that i was looking at.

Click it and see what it is.

Sponsored Links
Last night stripped down carb again & fitted a kit,i used the old needle vale,spring etc as the new one didnt seem to do anything when you operated it like a sea saw in your hand.

I put the carb back on and this morning i was able to pull the cord say twice & it started,ok rough but it run.
It then died & nothing at all.
When i did manage to get it to run again i was able to start it 8 times in a row & each time seemed to run / tickover on its own poorly,but as soon as i tried to rev it the item died,but was able to start it straight away after.This was with choke on & throttle lever tapped open.
Exhaust back on again & nothing so i was going to the shed but i felt something on my leg,i looked down & fuel was running out of the exhaust.

Whilst it was poorly running i did up the fuel cap and in no time it stalled.
I unscrewed it again & started ok, screw it on & engine stalled.

Exhaust was set on fire yesterday for a good few minutes.
So now exhaust is off & just allowing the fuel to evapoarte.
At this point i tried to pull the cord but it seemed like hydraulic lock.
Turning the item on its side no kidding the fuel run out of the exhaust manifold,the n pulled the cord to get the rest out via plug hole / exhaust manidolf.

Just started to rain.

So why would there be so much fuel in the cyclinder if the H & L screws are only turned out once.

Did i do something wrong i fitted the kit.

If i did then maybe good as its never started / run like this at all but the fuel situation was like having a tap on.

Should i remove the carb again as show photos of how ive put it back together & which gasket was used etc.

You might see something wrong but i dont see how so much fuel can get in the cylinder if theres only a slight squirt when rpulling the cord etc & in such little time.

I know i am a pain with this story but i wont let it beat me.

Welcome back, Bamber!
You didn't get the two screws mixed up, I hope? One turn out is usually about right.
It is possible for the needle valve to pass fuel and to check this I pressurise the carb with air, and heed the pressure needed to lift it off its seat. Difficult without the proper gear!
When it does start, remove the choke immediately .
John :)

Hi,
I turned BOTH screws in & then BOTH out 1 turn only.
I will remove the carb again & look at this valve.
I thought i had the fuel pipes on the wrong & noticed one is clear & the other is black.
The black pipe has the filter on it & is connected to the lower metal pipe.
The clear pipe fits the connection which is part of the primer bulb plate.
With both rubber pipes removed & the primer bulb operated fuel/bubbles come out of the connection to which goes back into the tank.

Back down the shed again.

Sponsored Links
Sure, but you didn't mix the screws up though? The threads are the same but the screw profile is often different.

Im sure as i took one out at a time.
From memory when i took out the H screw there was a copper coloured washer then below that a black rubber seal.
The L screw didnt have anything.

In the kit they supply you with a thick grey gasket like material & i thought that was for the copper metal seal so i replaced it.

Anyway whilst the carb is off i will take a look again & also fit this copper coloured seal back.

I will also see if the needle is stuck open.
I will then remove it & spray carb cleaner down that hole where it slides up / down.

I will puts ome photos here for clarification before i put it back if you dont mind.
At this rate i will need to get somebody in to cut the hedge.

Hi,
I assume i dont have a spark arrester as this exhaust is all in one piece & nothing to unscrew.
I have attached some photos now for you if you could advise anything wrong etc.

Image 1 just for orientation.
Image 2 Thin gasket on carb body first.
Image 3 Then thick gasket ontop of the thin one mentioned above.
Image 4 L & H screws, H screw has that thick gasket on of which im now going to put the copper one back.
Image 5 L & H screws.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    292.4 KB · Views: 88
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 85
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 86
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 92
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    388.2 KB · Views: 84
Here are the next set of photos.

Image 6 Fuel connectors BACK TO TANK has the short clear pipe, where TO CARB has the black pipe with filter fitted.
Image 7 I took notice of which end the whole was installed
Image 8 Gasket fitted to carb as shown so 6 circles etc tough carb first.
Image 9 Thick gasket that fits ontop of the gasket above.
Image 10 Pressing the rear end operates the needle jet up / like a see saw eavch time.

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 81
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    365.5 KB · Views: 87
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 88
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 72
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 80
Image two....I'm not happy with the orientation of that pump diaphragm....those U shaped flaps need to cover drillings in the carb body.
Flip it over and see if those flaps cover the holes.

Hi,
Regarding your reply in post #69

Which is better / correct X or Y

Attachments

• X.jpg
    X.jpg
    312.2 KB · Views: 90
  • Y.jpg
    Y.jpg
    323.1 KB · Views: 90
Certainly not x, probably y but the image isn't too clear.
Can you understand what I mean by those U flaps on the diaphragm? They cover, then uncover those drillings in the carb body.

Its not y and if x doesnt line up when flipped 180°, flat side to flat side then its the wrong part but as John says, its not the best of pics

Hi
I understand.
I did look after and said no to myself.
I fitted it like Y this time.
Full choke & throttle wide open & 4 pushes of primer it’s like this morning where it starts & runs for a while so I turn off the choke and it either dies or if I operate trigger it does.

I did leave it alone once when it started but it wouldn’t tick over.

Tried backing out each screw 1/2 then then after a few tries give up.

Tomorrow will look again.

I’m waiting for a carb to arrive which looks close. If it’s anything like when I was young we just bolted anything in to make things run.

in your x y pics, is the diaphragm flat against the carb body which if its not may explain why nothing looks to be lined up?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back