McD's Prices

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Took the kids to McD's...

They ordered a quarter pounder and medium fries each.

One had a medium smoothie, one had a medium milkshake.

The cost was broken down as:

2 QP's (EVM).....6.48
1 shake ...1.35
2 medium fries...0.00
1 smoothie...1.95

Does that make sense?

I thought the medium EVM was 4.59?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
EVM = Extra Value Meal, with burger and fries all included in the price? You'd think they'd have it on the database as a completely separate item, but maybe if it's tied in with inventory and stock control they decided it would be easier to have a second entry (QP - EVM) which accounts for burger stock items and list the fries as nil cost for fries inventory. Not quite the way I'd have written the application, but perhaps the reason.

Does that make sense?

Is it itemised seperately like that because shakes are charged at a different rate VAT, so needs to be itemised with individual prices for anyone claiming back VAT? If they had both ordered a coke, I would guess that it would have just said "2 medium coke... 0.00" and with the overall cost at the top.

The prices are not standard across the country, they can vary store to store, most stores are independant franchises.

EDIT: Actually, don't you have to pay extra for a shake with an EVM anyway?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Took the kids to McD's...

They ordered a quarter pounder and medium fries each.

One had a medium smoothie, one had a medium milkshake.

The cost was broken down as:

2 QP's (EVM).....6.48
1 shake ...1.35
2 medium fries...0.00
1 smoothie...1.95

Does that make sense?

This was your first mistake mate

Yeah, I know.

I'm not keen on the place.

For starters I don't eat meat...

Of all the burger chains, McD is the least desirable to me. Burger King has much better burgers and fries, as does Wendy's (don't think there are any of those left in the U.K. now).

We have a chain restricted to the Western states and mostly California here known as In'n'Out Burger which is excellent, but I find that the individually run family places are generally the best.

My favorite here is "Pop's 50's Place" which is only about 10 minutes drive from here - Great food and great music to go with it instead of the garbage that's inflicted on people at some of the other establishments:

DSCN1550.JPG DSCN1547.JPG

I think rsgaz has the answer - I'm pretty sure the EVMs price only include a fizzy drink - if you want milkshakes, smoothies or hot drinks, you pay more, so that's why they're itemised and charged for separately.

Sponsored Links
Back